• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got the tax return back and it's burning a hole in the pocket. I've always wanted a legit tack driving 1911. But never was willing to spend that kinda of money. I've been shooting pistols more and it's getting in my blood again.

Can anyone offer any insight on this 1911? Love the look and idea. But I don't have any knowledge on how Sig's 1911 shoot.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupers...1-45-acp-we-the-people-special-edition-pistol
    Capitol Armory ad

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    A friend has a Spartan.
    It shoots very well .
    Functions flawlessly .
    Front grip stippling will chew the hide off of ya.
    I'd have to hold it before I'd buy it.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I have ended up with seven Sig 1911's.

They are well built. All have been flawless in operation with a variety of ammo. Very good accuracy. Smooth shooting. Great value.

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    SIG builds a good 1911. It has an external extractor, which some consider an improvement. I have one, and it's a great, reliable shooter. Fit and finish are excellent. If you find what you like, buy it. No man should be without a 1911 or two.
    Bob

Dyvv0lW.jpg

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Looks like that one is out of stock. Don't own one myself, but I know many that do and they certainly like them.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    A friend has a Spartan.
    It shoots very well .
    Functions flawlessly .
    Front grip stippling will chew the hide off of ya.
    I'd have to hold it before I'd buy it.
    What he said. I've shot that one too, and it will chew on you.

pipe dreams

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2017
    South TX
    I had a Dan Wesson RZ 10mm and it was an amazing gun. I have owned the Sig 1911 Nightmare and it was a nice gun. I think Springfield puts put decent 1911's. They have good prices and quality to match. Springfield also has a good selection of different 1911's. My best friend lives in NH and was Sigs Range master for 5 years. If you own a Sig civilian firearm that was manufactured recently he probably test fired it. I can tell you this much, Sig USA is FAR from Sig Germany. They are totally different companies. Yes they share the name, but Sig Germany has little to do with Sig USA. Not bad mouthing Sig USA as I own quite a few of their firearms. They do have a lot of quality control and manufacturing issues at Sig USA.

Chips n Salsa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2017
    Plano
    Four or five Thanksgivings ago, I was making my gun store rounds here in DFW and I happened across a used Sig Scorpion 1911 the store had marked (Black Friday sale…as a joke) $699.99. I couldn’t pass it up. I am not a 1911-ista, but I shoot pistols a lot and I have shot a lot of 1911’s…. this thing has the best trigger I have pulled and it is insanely accurate. I don’t shoot it a lot, I have mostly invested in polymer strikers now, and I am not into the tacti-cool tan, but it is a fabulous pistol. I can’t say enough about what a great shooter it is….this is urban legend stuff…but I found somewhere on the internet, for a time some Kimber builders got mad about wages / pay, NH was close, and for a time some Kimber smiths went to Sig….I can’t prove or disprove but it would not surprise me if my batch was by chance built to a very high-level. The only upgrade I have made is I added a Wilson Combat bullet proof takedown lever. I think there is a good bit of MIM in the Sig 1911’s, but that’s an entire rabbit-trail itself.

Sig Scorpion.jpg

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    I got the tax return back and it's burning a hole in the pocket. I've always wanted a legit tack driving 1911. But never was willing to spend that kinda of money. I've been shooting pistols more and it's getting in my blood again.

Can anyone offer any insight on this 1911? Love the look and idea. But I don't have any knowledge on how Sig's 1911 shoot.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupers...1-45-acp-we-the-people-special-edition-pistol
    Ok ... I've had a Sig 1911. It was an excellent shooter. Sig's action uses a firing pin block which is moved out of the way by the trigger action - it is the same action that Colt added to their 1911s with the Series 80 designation. Basically, it adds extra parts that many feel are unnecessary.

They make both modern external extractor and JMB original internal extractor models - both work as designed.

Regarding the checkering on the front strap and mainspring housing - IMO, it is essential when shooting anything stouter than 9mm.

All of my 1911s are already checkered or are in line to get checkered. None of my 1911s have the "series 80" or Schwarz (old Colt design with extra firing pin block attached to grip safety that is still used by Kimber) firing pin blocks. All of my 1911s have JMB's internal extractor. But these are my preferences - yours may be very different. Although I appreciate the message on that Sig - I just don't do billboards on my slides,so ...

If it strikes your fancy, I'm sure it will give you an excellent introduction to a fine, classic design. It's not the 1911 I'd pick to drop my $1300 on, but you didn't ask that question.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X90F using Tapatalk

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I’ve never shot that model, but I own the POW/MIA Edition Sig 1911. Extremely accurate and ultra reliable. It was my EDC for a while. I have also shot the Spartan and all 3 Texas Editions, and loved them all. Most of my friends have at least 1 Sig 1911.

Attachments

• 22D0812C-4E33-4BB5-8B85-2BE7C259ABBA.jpeg
      22D0812C-4E33-4BB5-8B85-2BE7C259ABBA.jpeg
      807 KB · Views: 225
    • 199BF8DC-913F-41EE-B630-F5F88CA56B34.jpeg
      199BF8DC-913F-41EE-B630-F5F88CA56B34.jpeg
      801.5 KB · Views: 205
    • 1386983C-F431-426A-912C-4E9B7C4E0D2C.jpeg
      1386983C-F431-426A-912C-4E9B7C4E0D2C.jpeg
      805.6 KB · Views: 236

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Four or five Thanksgivings ago, I was making my gun store rounds here in DFW and I happened across a used Sig Scorpion 1911 the store had marked (Black Friday sale…as a joke) $699.99. I couldn’t pass it up. I am not a 1911-ista, but I shoot pistols a lot and I have shot a lot of 1911’s…. this thing has the best trigger I have pulled and it is insanely accurate. I don’t shoot it a lot, I have mostly invested in polymer strikers now, and I am not into the tacti-cool tan, but it is a fabulous pistol. I can’t say enough about what a great shooter it is….this is urban legend stuff…but I found somewhere on the internet, for a time some Kimber builders got mad about wages / pay, NH was close, and for a time some Kimber smiths went to Sig….I can’t prove or disprove but it would not surprise me if my batch was by chance built to a very high-level. The only upgrade I have made is I added a Wilson Combat bullet proof takedown lever. I think there is a good bit of MIM in the Sig 1911’s, but that’s an entire rabbit-trail itself.

Take down lever? 1911's do not have a take down lever. Perhaps you mean the slide stop?

From sources within Sig, the Sig 1911's have four MIM internal parts. {Essentially all the Springfield internals are MIM.}

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    View attachment 134033

Hmm.... have ya ever held a 1911? If so they all have the same grip angle. 95% of them even have the same thickness in the grips.

If the front strap checkering tears up your hands you have soft effeminate hands.

Yeah the only 1911 I have and have ever shot is my ATI. I know it wouldn't feel like a glock... literally... but i'm not familiar enough with 1911's to know if they, for the most part feel the same.

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    For the money you intend to spend, look around some more. Lots of 1911s available. Used ones are everywhere. Just do your research. Keep an eye on the forum here...a few nice guns have been put up for sale. I just sold a Wiley Clapp Colt .45 NIB for $900.00. Good deals are out there.
    Bob

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a Dan Wesson RZ 10mm and it was an amazing gun. I have owned the Sig 1911 Nightmare and it was a nice gun. I think Springfield puts put decent 1911's. They have good prices and quality to match. Springfield also has a good selection of different 1911's. My best friend lives in NH and was Sigs Range master for 5 years. If you own a Sig civilian firearm that was manufactured recently he probably test fired it. I can tell you this much, Sig USA is FAR from Sig Germany. They are totally different companies. Yes they share the name, but Sig Germany has little to do with Sig USA. Not bad mouthing Sig USA as I own quite a few of their firearms. They do have a lot of quality control and manufacturing issues at Sig USA.

I'm a Springfield guy. I really like their Mod2 pistols. Fit my hand like a glove. I'll take a look at their 1911's

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom