• ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    FOLLOW UP:

Ran 200 more rounds through it with the LSP striker last week and zero issues. That brings round count up close to 1000. I trust it fully now and it is now primary daily carry.

I can't stress enough how much I enjoy shooting this gun with how small it is! I was working on dialing in my P320RX compact and also fired my P320 fullsize TacOps. I could shoot the P365 al day just like the much larger P320s. Also, the P365 is crazy accurate! Just a pleasure all around.
    Lynx Defense

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Mine is a late June build. Have not taken it to the range yet. Busy at work and couldn't carry anyway because I was waiting on a holster. Holster arrived on Thursday, just as I was leaving for vacation with friends who don't shoot. I'll run a variety of ammo thru it next week. Looking forward to it with all the talk about how easy it is to shoot for it's size.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Ok guys! Was shooting at Top Gun Range this morning and had a misfire with my Sig P-365 9mm manufactured on 5-15-18! Was doing a drill that calls for three shot volleys! I inserted the magazine and released the slide forward! This chambered the first round! MISFIRE! I immediately ejected the round and the last two fired no problem! I believe protocol for misfire recovery is to first pop the back of the slide forward with palm of your hand to insure that the slide is seeded properly! I did not do that! I recovered the round that did not fire and inserted it as the first shot in my next sequence! Everything worked as designed! The firearm has less than 100 rounds through her! I've been using the Sig 365 9mm 115 grain ammo! I am seeing the primer drag marks on the spent shells as others have experienced! I'm an old school revolver kinda guy so I'm not even gonna pretend i'm an expert on these new compact semi-autos! Any input from our forum experts on what may have happened will be greatly appreciated! Obviously i'm very reluctant to add this firearm to my concealment rotation! Thanks in advance!!
    Needs more exclamation marks.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Ok guys! Finally made it to the range! Had 2 failures to return to battery with the first 10 round magaclip. Number 4 & 6. Slap the back of the slide, pulled the trigger = bang. Only used 12 round magaclips for the rest of the day. No other failures with the next 290. White box, blazer, reloads and self defense ammo. Thought i grabbed +p out of the safe but it was +p+. Snappy but controllable. Capacity, size and ergonomics, this is a great little pistol.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Ok guys! Finally made it to the range! Had 2 failures to return to battery with the first 10 round magaclip. Number 4 & 6. Slap the back of the slide, pulled the trigger = bang. Only used 12 round magaclips for the rest of the day. No other failures with the next 290. White box, blazer, reloads and self defense ammo. Thought i grabbed +p out of the safe but it was +p+. Snappy but controllable. Capacity, size and ergonomics, this is a great little pistol.
    Just needs a little braking in!
    "magaclips" Never heard that term before!

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    I have to say my P-365 has been running flawlessly since I've figured out how to handle her. I'm at the 200 round mark with no changes to the factory delivered May 15 BOD. It's really fun to shoot and incredibly comfortable to carry. I may install a LSP striker but I'm not seeing any unusual peening or serious primer drag.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    FOLLOW UP:

Ran 200 more rounds through it with the LSP striker last week and zero issues. That brings round count up close to 1000. I trust it fully now and it is now primary daily carry.

I can't stress enough how much I enjoy shooting this gun with how small it is! I was working on dialing in my P320RX compact and also fired my P320 fullsize TacOps. I could shoot the P365 al day just like the much larger P320s. Also, the P365 is crazy accurate! Just a pleasure all around.
    Did you install the LSP striker yourself Clay? If not, who did it for you sir? Thanks

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Did you install the LSP striker yourself Clay? If not, who did it for you sir? Thanks

I did it myself. Would be happy to give you a hand since you are in the Houston area as well. Here is a video that gives a pretty good example. The lighting is horrible, but not bad overall.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    I did it myself. Would be happy to give you a hand since you are in the Houston area as well. Here is a video that gives a pretty good example. The lighting is horrible, but not bad overall.

Thank you sir. I might PM you sometime in regards to this matter. I saw a video of a guy breaking his down to change the striker. Seems there is a spring that is compressed in or near the chamber itself. Poor guy popped that little plate off and $hit flew everywhere. Not sure if he found everything to put it back together. Believe me when I say that's probably what would happen to me. I sometimes use the gunsmith at top gun range in Houston. He's pretty good. Every time I bring up changing the striker out he advices against it. I'm sure if I insisted that i wanted it done he would do it. Thanks for the link Clay!!

Top Bottom