• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Let me save you some time and effort. If are going to submit, or have submitted a Form 1 for an MPX please read this.

If the model on the form is anything but "SIG MPX" exactly, then the form will be returned "disapproved". My original name choice was on the drop down selection menu, and matched exactly the model number on the box it came in. Apparently they have now removed most of those choices.

It happened to me on an efile with using the model number that was on the box.

I submitted a new form with correct name shown above, and referenced the original form number. I received an accepted form in a week.

If if you have submitted a form with anything except "SIG MPX", I would refile before the July deadline. A form that has been disapproved is dead and cannot be updated.

As much as I hated getting a disapproved on the original form, the ATF left good information on getting it approved. Not having to wait the 4 months again was awesome.
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Lol. Yep. Seen a few kicked back. They need to cleanse their database so as not to mislead their customers

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    I've been trying to find one since they came out. Good tip if I ever find one. Thanks!

moki

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    DFW
    Same thing happened to me with an M92 AK. My dumb @$$ went with the first correct looking choice on the drop down instead of being smart and looking for the correct/accurate choice. It was disapproved but in the notes he told me to email him with the new control number. He approved it two days later. I appreciated not going to the bottom of the stack, but now I have to wait forever for the refund.

Top Bottom