• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Sigs aren't any more durable or reliable than Glocks. I would definitely take that trade as a P229R is worth more than a G30, is a nicer gun overall, and is a little bit more accurate.

Oh-ho-ho, this coming from a guy who goes by the name of Sig_Friend.

I love my G30. :) If I were to trade my G30 for anything it would be for the full-size G21 instead of the G30 subcompact.

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    Ah. missed something in the OP.
    Trade for the Sig.
    Then sell it for another Glock.

They, by brand name alone are worth more. Functionally I don't think they are any better.

I won't buy Sig for the same reason I won't buy a S&W revolver. Both are great guns, but you pay out the backside for the brand name.
    Again. Trade for the Sig, then sell it and buy another Glock.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Tyler, TX
    I was on the fence too...so I ended up with some Glocks.

1-31-10009.jpg

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    both good,both reliable shoot them both and get the one you shoot better. if you want da/sa get sig ....both systems have their merits and they're both quality weapons. sigs are more accurate generally and point more naturally imho. you get a good weapon with either choice.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    What model comes with an external safety? Except for the mosquito (which isn't really a SIG) I don't know of one. Maybe a P210?

There are single-action only versions of the P220 (I have one and absolutely love it!) and P226 (haven't seen one, and they're apparently meant for competitive shooting). Both have a safety that's really similar to a 1911 with an ambidextrous safety, except that you can rack the slide with the safety on, and you can set the safety with the hammer down. The second one isn't all that important, but it sure is nice to be able to set the safety before loading the pistol.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    There are single-action only versions of the P220 (I have one and absolutely love it!) and P226 (haven't seen one, and they're apparently meant for competitive shooting). Both have a safety that's really similar to a 1911 with an ambidextrous safety, except that you can rack the slide with the safety on, and you can set the safety with the hammer down. The second one isn't all that important, but it sure is nice to be able to set the safety before loading the pistol.

Yeah, the SAOs dawned on me just a little bit ago. They aren't as prevalent as the other models but I believe the X-5s and X-6s are available this way as well. I've been contemplating a P220 Supermatch SAO but haven't been able to pull the trigger on one yet.

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    What model comes with an external safety? Except for the mosquito (which isn't really a SIG) I don't know of one. Maybe a P210?

EDITED: Wish I was that quick with the edit button.

While it is true that most Sigs do not have safeties on them, after a quick look at the Sig sight, there is the Mosquito and P210 that you noted as well as the P238, P226 X Five and all the Sig manufactured 1911 type pistols.
    Not many, true, but still there. Glock has no Frame Mounted Safeties. Just the trigger, still better than nothing but I would like a FMS, but thats just me.

Cheers:patriot:

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    While it is true that most Sigs do not have safeties on them, after a quick look at the Sig sight, there is the Mosquito and P210 that you noted as well as the P238, P226 X Five and all the Sig manufactured 1911 type pistols.
    Not many, true, but still there. Glock has no Frame Mounted Safeties. Just the trigger, still better than nothing but I would like a FMS, but thats just me.

Yeah my post above this one admits I neglected the SAO (Single Action Only) models which all but the mosquito fall into in your list there.

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    p250 is DAO with smoothed down hammer,double strike capability.....not striker fired.

Ok thanks, I was just looking at the picture on the Sig sight and I could not see a hammer so I was not sure. Which is why I ended my previous post with "not sure"
    but thanks for the correct info.

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    no problemo,good gun just a long pull although light and smooth. very long reset though,almost all the way forward to reset. accurate as hell,ridiculously so. very soft shooting as well and in a slim gun thats nice.

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    Hello All. Forgot I posted this. Just to UPDATE everyone of what happened. I traded my G30 with 200 rounds of ammo for a different sig p229. It was a .40 cal with no rail but once I held it I thought I loved it. After about a month of having it and shooting it I decided I was just a glock man. Everytime I shot the sig all I could think about was Glock. So about 3 weeks ago I traded the Sig 229 for a Glock 22 rtf2 and couldnt be happier. Sigs are great guns but a glock just feels right.

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    weird,i love glocks...they are reliable,accurate and durable weapons but the ergos just suck. that damn grip angle blows big time,needs a deeper tang too. the 229 is a bit wide but the tang fits over the web of my hand perfectly. different strokes....

Tom Miller

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Austin
    I own both a .40 Glock 27, and a .45 Sig P220. I like them both, for different reasons. The trade you're thinking about is tough...Sig makes a fantastic gun, but the Glock you have in a .45 is the better caliber, IMHO. Buy a used Sig .45, you won't be disappointed.

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    SIG= steel/alloy,more prone to corrosion,higher cost due to manufacturing metal,more complex,more parts,accurate,conventional rifling,heavier,pretty thick

Glock= efficient manufacturing leads to low price,polymer soaks up recoil,pretty much corrosion proof,parts are cheap,polygonal rifling is easy to clean,accurate,lightweight,pretty thick

both good guns and reliable....take your pick

Top Bottom