Sig P210 - 9mm

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Texas1911, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I finally got the chance to check out a Sig P210. They certainly are the best pistol that Sig has made in my opinion. The frame size is similar to an Browning Hi-Power, and has easy operation. Very ergonomic in my hands, similar to a 1911 in feel, and with a nice smooth trigger; relatively lightweight pull, with a subtle break.

I don't think they are worth the money they command, but I suppose the majority is the rarity factor. You are, however, getting one smooth shooting pistol. I was very pleased.

2. Peter M. Eick

Peter M. Eick Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Houston
    I agree they are expensive but definately worth it. Did you pull it apart and look inside? The machining inside is just as good as outside.

I have a 210-6 and a 210-5 and they are some of my "forever" guns. Too nice to sell and extremely reliable. I have like 40 mags for the me now so I should be set for life so to speak.

Which 210 did you shoot? Adjustable sights or not? Heavy frame or light?

3. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Adjustable sights, wood contoured grips. I'm assuming it was a light, it was relatively slim.

4. Peter M. Eick

Peter M. Eick Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Houston
    [​IMG]

This is the heavy frame, not the lack of a cut ahead of the slide stop.

[​IMG]

This is the light frame. It has the cut and is noticeably lighter.

[​IMG]

Here are my 210's. The -6 is the top one and the -5 is the bottom one. Good shooters!

5. ChicagoTex

ChicagoTex Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Allen, TX
    Yeah, as I recall when they were still in production they ran somewhere in the neighborhood of $1000. If they were still producing them at that price, I'd buy one in a heartbeat - they're epic pistols.

6. ST5MF

ST5MF Member

Nov 27, 2008
    I think they are closer to $2k.

7. ChicagoTex

ChicagoTex Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Allen, TX
    You may be right, and I'm just looking through rose-colored glasses in my memory.

for $2k, I'm not so sure I'd bite - I think $1,500 is the most I could possibly go for any firearm.