• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • godum

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    Hello all,
    I just put a 9mm Barsto barrel in my P220 euro. It required only minor filing to fit and locks up nice. It will not chamber a round from the magazine. Handloading 1 round works fine and it is very accurate. I tried all 7 magazines that I have with the same results. The round hangs up at the bottom of the barrel feed ramp. Any advice as to how to fix the problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Gary O.
    Grapevine, TX
    Capitol Armory ad

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Hello sir. Just curious but, do you have the original barrel? If so, does the gun function well with it? Maybe the barrel feed ramp might need to be polished?

godum

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    Sorry it took so long to get back to this forum. Been working alot. The original barrel works fine with all types of 9mm ammo. It is not very accurate though. I polished the ramp on the Barsto but it just will not chamber hollow points including powerballs??? It jams the rounds into the bottom of the feed ramp. The rounds actually tilt downward instead of tilting up to go into the chamber. Odd thing is that it chambers FMJ pretty well. Since my original post I have purchased a P226 and put the Barsto in it and it shoots very well. I heard jarvis had a 9mm barrel for the P220. I will check that option out. I will also try the original P226 barrel in the P220. There is a significant difference in the inside diameter of the P220 9mm barrel and the Barsto . I think maybe the P220 9mm barrel is shot out as it has a larger diameter. It shoots OK but I am looking for more accuracy as this gun will be used for hi risk security details. Thanks for the replies.
    Gary O.
    Grapevine, TX

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just curious but, have you tried replacing your magazine spring(s)? I have had the problem before of rounds going nose down into the bottom of the feed ramp, and it usually ended up being a worn/weak magazine spring.

Hmm, that's weird about the accuracy. I just got a P220 euro 9mm recently, and the thing is extremely accurate, just like any other Sig. If the gun looks like it's a "high mileage" one, then maybe the rifling is worn however that would take a ridiculous amount of rounds to achieve I would think.

I do know for a fact that the P226 barrel will indeed work in the P220 9mm. Some people on the Sigforum found out that they are literally the same identical barrel. There are some pictures somewhere on that forum comparing the two, and they are indeed identical. So that will definitely work, and is definitely worth a shot to see if there is something odd with the original barrel that is affecting your accuracy.

Honestly, I personally wouldn't bother with an aftermarket barrel for a Sig. Sig's factory barrels are as good of quality and provide exceptional accuracy for pretty much everyone's uses and the big benefit is they are reliable. With aftermarket tight, match grade barrels you run the risk of tolerances too tight that they may cause feeding and/or reliability issues with your ammo. Sorry if I'm just restating the obvious. I've been up all night so I'm just starting to ramble on. ;)

Top Bottom