• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I bought a Sig Sauer P229 .40 some time ago. I took it to the range and ran a box of .40's through it, and just did not like the aiming system. My model did not have adjustable sights, unless you call using a $170 tool and replacing sights to adjust for aim.

On a whim I thought I would try one of the Crimson Trace laser grips. My least favorite pistol has all of sudden become my favorite by a good margin. I have used lasers before, but I have never had such incredibly good results. I feel like a marksman compared to my previous efforts. Even my friend who was at the range improved his targeting, from looking like a shotgun at a 100 yards, to a very respectable grouping.

I am just a consumer, not a reseller, but I will have to give the CT a 5 out of 5 stars. It even held aim when swapped on the .22 slide. If you have the means, I highly recommend it.
    Lynx Defense

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    You know what, the laser does one thing that helps alot of people that have problems with their shooting: It takes their mind off of everything but the location of the little red dot. They don't focus on the trigger pull, they don't worry about recoil, they are just watching that dot. It's no different than telling a new shooter to watch the front sight.

You should do the same practice without the laser. Run the target into about 3 - 7 yards, take your time, and be slow and steady on the trigger pull. Apply 100% of your focus to the front sight. Let the gun surprise you, and it will ... in more ways than one.

The CTC's are also a REALLY easy tool to diagnose problems with. Usually someone observing will see the laser dip down or to the side right before the gun goes off. Then you know it's a shooter error.

Scott_F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    CSTX
    In a home defense weapon, a laser is just another upgrade. To me, like adding night sights or a fancy weapon light. I want every advantage I can get when the time comes.

The thing I love about the CTC's are the grab and go aspect. No on/off switch to fumble with. Just grab the grip and you'll naturally apply pressure to turn it on.

I agree that you should come to rely on it at all. Better learn to shoot those iron sights. Better learn other skills. But, when all hell is breaking loose, the laser is another advantage I want.

Top Bottom