• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenj8172

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    Houston
    Just wanted to let you guys know that I just got my new Sig P238 last week and she's a beauty! I haven't had the chance to take it to the range yet, but I'll be sure to update this thread with my thoughts once I do.

For those of you that don't know, the p238 is Sig's version of the Colt Mustang. Some have said it's Sig's answer to the popular Ruger LCP (which I also have).

Does anyone else here have their hands on one yet? I want to know what you guys think of yours if you do.

Also, I had a really hard time finding holsters since it's so new. I ended up ordering one from Gun Leather, Concealment and Cowboy holsters, Azle, TX. It just came in today and I'm really impressed with the craftsmanship and customer service (it even came with a custom magazine holder).

Anyway, here's some pics of the p238 and holster:
    ARJ Defense ad

Attachments

• p238 1.jpg
      p238 1.jpg
      69.1 KB · Views: 154
    • p238 2.jpg
      p238 2.jpg
      20.7 KB · Views: 156
    • p238 3.jpg
      p238 3.jpg
      3.3 KB · Views: 214
    • p238 4.jpg
      p238 4.jpg
      40 KB · Views: 162

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    any chance you could give us an idea of the price? Been looking for one of these, or the new Desert Eagle in .380 ... seen those for about $460-$500 ... nice gun, looking forward to your shooting report ...

kenj8172

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    Houston
    I've been sick all weekend, so I still haven't had the chance to take my p238 out to the range.

I paid $500 flat for mine, as I bought it from a guy who bought 2- one for himself and one for the wife. The wife ended up not wanting hers, so he sold it to me.

I've held the new Desert Eagle in .380. It was very blocky, heavy, and just didn't feel as refined as the Sig.

Hopefully I'll have a chance to get out to the range sometime this week. I'll be sure to update this thread once I do!

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    I got one for under $500.00 drive out at the gun show. It weighs less than the mustang and fires very nice. A bad spring has left mine on the sideline until Sig can send me a new one. I give it a thumbs up.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I own 2 - bought the first one to hit Texas (according to Sig, who couldn't figger out how I got my hands on one so quickly), and picked up another a while back. Have 'em in #2 pocket holsters from "Uncle Mike", an' have enjoyed 'em so far. BTW - the Colt mags WILL drop right into 'em, which was a huge plus for me, since I also own 2 mustangs, with a half-dozen spare mags for 'em!

Top Bottom