• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    I there an easy way to lighten the Sig P238 trigger?

I have put about 500 rounds through it trying to get used it and I still can't shoot it well enough that I am comfortable carrying it.
    ARJ Defense ad

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Personally, any trigger of a carry gun will be worked on ONLY by a qualified smith. I don't mind messin' with one of my range guns, but I prefer a pro do the one that I bet my life on. Personally, while I find the P238 to have a hard trigger, it's not so bad that it gives me a problem. You might want to revisit how you place your trigger finger....

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Agreed with above.

Grip and finger placement are critical.

I loaned mine to a 24 year old girl last weekend in my CHL class when her off brand gun would not function. She scored a 240 and had never shot the 238 before. She had good grip and finger placement.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I don't know if you want to spend this much, but Sig has a gunsmith at the factory that does awesome work. Check on their website. They offer a number of packages. I sent a Sig there and it came back perfect, the way it should have come from the factory. Basically they accurized it and everyone who has shot it agrees that it is a masterpiece.

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    Personally, any trigger of a carry gun will be worked on ONLY by a qualified smith. I don't mind messin' with one of my range guns, but I prefer a pro do the one that I bet my life on.
    Your right, I probably will take it to a gunsmith.

Personally, while I find the P238 to have a hard trigger, it's not so bad that it gives me a problem. You might want to revisit how you place your trigger finger....
    While it could just be my preference for a lighter trigger, I find the P238 hard to pull, even during dry fire exercises. Maybe it is my limited hand strength or maybe there is something out of spec with my gun.

I have studied with multiple instructors and I feel pretty confident with my grip and finger placement on a normal sized gun. Do you do something significantly different with a smaller gun like this one?

I loaned mine to a 24 year old girl last weekend in my CHL class when her off brand gun would not function. She scored a 240 and had never shot the 238 before. She had good grip and finger placement.
    I am confident that I could score a perfect score with it on that test. But I would prefer to be more accurate than that.

I don't know if you want to spend this much, but Sig has a gunsmith at the factory that does awesome work.
    Can you tell me what you had done? It looks like all their trigger work is not appropriate for the P238.

Top Bottom