• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quaraong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2016
    Houston, TX
    Hello everyone,

Newbe here from Houston, Texas. Recently got my first pistol Sig P250 Compact 9mm. I have been quite happy with it. But I would like to hear your comments from P250 owners on its accuracy in relation with trigger reset time.

I did my research and was aware of the trigger issue. However, I was confident that I can train myself to get used to it. After all, I have never owned any other handguns before so it shouldnt be too bad. i like the look, the reliability, and the accuracy that the google reported. I felt that the long trigger reset adds to safety. Plus, LGS had none to rent, so I decided to buy it new.

Put through around 750 rnds and never had any failure with good ammo. I have been using Geco ammo which are made in Switzerland. One time tried Fiochi which is the stuff they sell at the local range and within 100 rnds, I got 3 Failures To Fire. Needless to say, I will never buy Fiochi again. This satisfies the reliability aspect.

Regarding the accuracy. Using the B27 silhoutte targets, I do really well with the 3 yd line (99% hitting the within the X ring), pretty well with the 7 yd line (95% hitting within the 9 ring) but not so well at the 10 yd+ line where usually 30% off my shot hit between the 8 and the 9 ring. I have the tendency to hit low left of the target. Google hinted that I have the jerking problem which is validated with my laser. i could see the laser point pulled to the low left right when the gun goes bang. I dont practice shooting with laser on, only when investigating why I tend to aim low left.

Now, I practice often, including dry fire (which doesn't show the problem as clearly as shooting in the range). I am also aware of the technique to ride the trigger until almost breaking before aiming, which I do all the time. It appears to me that my jerking habbits which is caused by the long and heavy trigger reset is very hard to fix. I think my finger just get tired and refuse to pull straight. I am 5'8 and 180 lbs. I am sure my grip and stance is proper.

To other P250 owners, do you have the same issues with what I have? What is your comments/recommndation?
    Target Sports

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    How much finger do you have on the trigger? Too much or too little can push your shot around. Many times with a hard and long trigger pull shooters have too much finger on the trigger.

quaraong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2016
    Houston, TX
    The trigger sits right at the joint between my distal and middle phalanx. Is that too much/too little?
    How much finger do you have on the trigger? Too much or too little can push your shot around. Many times with a hard and long trigger pull shooters have too much finger on the trigger.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Sounds like too much to me. It could be pushing the gun to the left if you are shooting right handed.

I try to use the center of my finger pad or even less.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I presume you are right handed?
    Sounds like a problem of anticipating recoil..

Squeeze the trigger slowly, and allow it to be a complete surprise when the gun fires.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Drive to Orange TX, meet me at the Orange Gun Club, pay me $70, and I'll get you tuned up in about an hour to hour and a half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quaraong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2016
    Houston, TX
    at trigger rest position, if I put my finger so that the middle phalanx sits on the trigger, my hand feels extremely uncomfortable and un-natural
    Sounds like too much to me. It could be pushing the gun to the left if you are shooting right handed.

quaraong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2016
    Houston, TX
    I prefer getting advice from experienced shooter for free than driving all the way Orange and spend $70 :)
    Drive to Orange TX, meet me at the Orange Gun Club, pay me $70, and I'll get you tuned up in about an hour to hour and a half.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You get what you pay for. ;)

That said, it sounds like you're anticipating.

quaraong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2016
    Houston, TX
    this is what my CHL instructor showed us in class. According to it, anticipating recoil should point to upper left/right. Plus, I did not intentionally anticipate recoil. I am right handed
    IMG_3605.jpg
    I presume you are right handed?
    Sounds like a problem of anticipating recoil..

Squeeze the trigger slowly, and allow it to be a complete surprise when the gun fires.

quaraong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2016
    Houston, TX
    I do think that your suggested position of middle finger pad on trigger should improve my jerking. In other word, I am using too little finger. It appears that my finger is a lil too short to shoot right and feel natural pulling the trigger at the same time

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown

This is very good advice. Professional training. It might seem a little expensive at first glance, but it will save you money in the end. And time and frustration.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I thought his price was very reasonable for a one on one lesson.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    I thought his price was very reasonable for a one on one lesson.

Oh, it is very reasonable. I'm sure he can get what he needs for free. . I won't give away what I've earned, but I'm sure with enough free advice, man-hours, and ammo he'll do just fine.

quaraong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2016
    Houston, TX
    Oh, it is very reasonable. I'm sure he can get what he needs for free. . I won't give away what I've earned, but I'm sure with enough free advice, man-hours, and ammo he'll do just fine.

LIKE!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    You do realize that 3-4 boxes of ammo will easily cost $70+?
    After shooting that at the range with your "free" advice, it is likely you won't improve too much, or maybe you will.
    Jon is a pro, you can get alot more out of spending that same $70 on him.
    Just my .02.

ETA: I was referring to 100rd boxes.

Top Bottom