• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    I have an opportunity to pick up a Sig P250 9mm, NIB, in the digital camo pattern for a crazy low price.
    Does anyone here have any experience with a Sig 250? Accuracy, reliability, etc?
    Gun Zone Deals

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    CRAZY low price... buy it.

Trigger sucks but mine was very reliable in the 1,200 rds i put through it before i traded it off.

Nothing about it seems up to par with your normal SIG.

JOe

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    This one is DAO. It's OK with me, as I'm use to my Glocks.

Other than the trigger, what else about it "isn't up to par with other Sigs"??

I'm most concerned about reliability...FTF, FTE, etc.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Its a fair gun, and i think the current $500 price tags on them are appropriate but these are just not like the sigs i know and own. My Sig Pro is nicer quality than my p250. Mold lines and excess Flash. Squishy/chunky trigger... overall feel of it just feels like a toy or training aid.

Sad to see "SIG" put their name on it IMO...

Id rather have a p250 over a Taurus 24/7, or a Ruger SR9... but id rather have a FNP over the p250

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    I just finished surfing various Sig sites and reviews. It seems the P250 has been plagued with FTE problems, and many have gone back to Sig to have extractors replaced...some twice.
    I think I'll pass on this one, even for $425.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I just finished surfing various Sig sites and reviews. It seems the P250 has been plagued with FTE problems, and many have gone back to Sig to have extractors replaced...some twice.
    I think I'll pass on this one, even for $425.

While I'm a big Sig fan, the P250 never impressed me. And sadly, even regular P series Sigs coming out of Exterer have slipped in quality and workmanship. I can see myself buying another Sig at some point as I love my P226, but any additons will be a used one from at least 4 years ago. A German made one would be even better.

If you want a poly gun, look to HK for top quality, and for less expensive; Glock, XT or M&P.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    New Braunfels
    FWIW I have owned P250c for about year and a half now. Bought new from Academy. After 1500 rnds no problems at all. Trigger pull is smooth but a tad longer than most. Mine is DAO. It is my main carry weapon. Dont own any other sigs so dont have much to compare it to. But has been a great pistol and price is getting a lot lower since i bought mine. If it messes up? Sig has good Customer Support. Better than most i think.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    absolutely nothing wrong with owning or liking them... In my opinion, there are better choices out there. The idea of it being a transformer is awesome, too bad the parts to do the conversions cost so much.

JOe

Top Bottom