• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Longhorn1986

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2016
    Fort Bend County
    I did it for my wife's P320. I did see a confirmation screen, but it seems that usually, most companies generate an email as well. Did anyone get a confirmation email from Sig when they filled out & submitted the form?
    ARJ Defense ad

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    For those of you that have registered for the VU (voluntary upgrade), was there any requirement to have previously had your P320 registered for the warranty?

The reason I ask is that I have never sent my owner registration card in from when I purchased it from a FFL earlier this year.

I am guessing not, but thought I'd check with those of you that have already registered for the VU.

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    For those of you that have registered for the VU (voluntary upgrade), was there any requirement to have previously had your P320 registered for the warranty?

The reason I ask is that I have never sent my pwner registration card in from when I purchased it from a FFL earlier this year.

I am guessing not, but thought I'd check with those of you that have already registered for the VU.
    No requirement, just put your serial and group number and wait.
    And of course contact information.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I did it for my wife's P320. I did see a confirmation screen, but it seems that usually, most companies generate an email as well. Did anyone get a confirmation email from Sig when they filled out & submitted the form?
    Not yet, they said it would be a few weeks before they make contact.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    It's a free improvement on a gun. What type of strange pride keeps you from getting it?
    I don't have any skin in this one, cuz I don't own a P320, but my take is many people will wait and see how it alters the feel of the trigger. You may not be aware of the recall to upgrade the safety on the Springfield XD-S where people complained high and low about how they preferred the trigger feel before the 'fix'. Since we know the issue is the inertia basically pulling the trigger, it would stand to reason part of the fix may include a heavier pull.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I agree with Brains about waiting for reviews. I just registered mine for the VU so as to get in line, but will wait for reviews of the "fix" before sending mine in. For those that haven't registered for the VU yet, here is all that you will get from Sig at that time:

"No further action is required from you at this time.
    You will receive an email from SIG SAUER at a later date that will include a prepaid shipping label and instructions to return your P320 pistol and any P320 caliber exchange kits that you have. It may take many weeks for you to receive this next communication, but we won’t forget about you (SIG will not begin the upgrade process for a few weeks as we prepare to make this upgrade). Once your P320 is shipped and received at SIG SAUER, the turnaround time will be approximately 4 – 6 weeks. This lengthy process is due to the high volume of pistols in the marketplace. Transit times may vary depending on your geographic location and receipt of your returned pistol. In the meantime, your SIG SAUER pistol is safe to carry and use as originally configured from the factory."

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I don't have any skin in this one, cuz I don't own a P320, but my take is many people will wait and see how it alters the feel of the trigger. You may not be aware of the recall to upgrade the safety on the Springfield XD-S where people complained high and low about how they preferred the trigger feel before the 'fix'. Since we know the issue is the inertia basically pulling the trigger, it would stand to reason part of the fix may include a heavier pull.
    I bought mine post-recall, not sure what the original felt like....

... or the post recall. Installed PRP springs before ever firing it, and love the feeling.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    Not to worry: "In the meantime, your SIG SAUER pistol is safe to carry and use as originally configured from the factory."

I know that. And neither am I worried. Just making a comment on the time frame we're looking at.

I only carry HK handguns anyway. The P30SK is the size of of a subcompact but shoots better than most full size handguns.

Top Bottom