• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Has anybody gotten their hands on one of these yet? It's pretty tempting. $400 gets you a 22LR with an optic cut slide, threaded barrel, and 20+1 capacity. 25rd factory mags are apparently coming.

Military Camp

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I'd be way more interested if I didn't already have a TX-22, but what interest I do still have is tempered by lack of availability and price.

I'll look at it again down the line...

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'd be way more interested if I didn't already have a TX-22, but what interest I do still have is tempered by lack of availability and price.

I'll look at it again down the line...
    I've been thinking about the TX-22 for awhile. I think Sig was too, and they added some bells and whistles to it. It's basically equivalent the the TX-22 Competition model. Only, with a higher capacity, a more conventional way of mounting a red dot, and at a cheaper price point.

Reactions: gll

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Well so far I am not impressed. It jammed with a number of brands of ammo but not anymore than other 22 pistols I have shot. I hate the sights on it , which hampered accuracy. It does seam like there is potential though. I am looking to put a rds on it and see if accuracy improves. It is lite and feels good it the hand. The SAO trigger system works as well. I shot 150+ rounds thru it today, CCI mini max, Winchester PowerPoint, Federal lighting and match and Aguila.

I will see what can be done sight wise and get some more rounds thru her to see if reliability improves. It is fun to shoot though. Not giving up just yet. You have to make sure you load the mags correctly, if not it will be a problem. One mag started not keeping the slide locked back on last round. One round wouldn't fire, but some of this is just .22 ammo. To it's defense some of the ammo was years old as well. The newest ammo worked better.

More to come when I can get a sight picture that works for me.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    My P322 should be coming in Tuesday.

I requested a back in stock notification at every place that had them listed. I finally got an email from Sportsmans Guide that they were back in stock, so I immediately ordered one. 30 minutes later they were sold out.

I am looking forward to putting some rounds through it. If it is as good as the reviews say it is I will probably be selling my TX22.

Reactions: gll

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Necro warning

I wound up getting a p322 a while back. I'm getting close to the 1k mark on round count. Fortunately I don't seem to have the leaded barrel issue. I did however have a lot of light primer strikes. I followed this video

and happy to say 100% ignition on the last 200 rounds left from the previous batch of federal that gave me a 40% failure rate. I dremmeled a small section from the shank end of a 7/32 drill bit and it was the perfect size to fit under the hammer spring. It's a very easy fix if anybody else is having light primer strikes.

sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    I had been looking for one at all my local dealers and finally found one at Academy for $399.00 so I bought one. The first thing I noticed is they are very light and feel like a plastic toy gun. I took it to the range Saturday and ran a little over 100 rounds of Remington Thunderbolt bulk ammo. I had quite a few miss fires, and failure to cycle and a few stove pipe hang up's. To be fair the ammo I was using was very old and some of them had corrosion on the led, so I was not surprised that I had issues. I'm gonna have to pick up some fresh higher end ammo.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Make sure to load the mags correctly to fix the feeding issues. Basically keep tension on the rounds while loading so the rims won't slip past each other.

I did this mod

and used a shank end of a drill bit as my spacer. Completely fixed the light primer strikes.

A little diy and this thing rocks.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I was planning on replacing my 10 year old sr22 pistol
    I'll admit the SR22 could use a refresh but....

1673481893562.png

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    So here's my experience with the P322:
    1. It is VERY picky about ammo. If you shoot CCI ammo, it will shoot all day and it's a very sweet pistol to shoot. With some other ammo, it works great, with others (esp. Remington), it doesn't like it at all. Jams or doesn't fire or will fire only after a couple of tries.
    2. It has been WIDELY reported that some of the early P322s have bad problems with lead building up in the barrel. I watched for that and did not have ANY such problems. The amount of material in the barrel is very much on par with any other .22s I've shot. Cleaning the barrel is literally a couple of passes with a brush and patches. From what I understand, Sig is replacing barrels on those that show problems. I'm really at a loss to understand how a .22 barrel can possibly be worse than another .22 barrel with respect to lead buildup. Too much diameter? Not enough? Rough finish? Weird problem and I'm thankful I didn't have it.
    3. Sights are mediocre at best. I replaced mine with a Holosun 507K and it became a super nice pistol to shoot.
    4. When you load the magazine, you pretty much MUST use the plastic loader that comes with the pistol (or some other loader). Doing it by hand will almost guarantee that you will get a jam. That's not just my advice, that's Sig's advice on YouTube. I've loaded hundreds of thousands of rounds (at least) over my life and thought I didn't need to follow that advice. Nope, you've gotta do it that way.
    5. Sig just came out with a 25 round magazine. I bought one. The plastic loader I just mentioned won't let you load the last 5 rounds. It's hard to get the last 5 rounds into it. The mag is nothing special, they just made it longer so it awkwardly sticks out of the end of the grip. SAVE YOUR MONEY and DO NOT buy the 25 round magazine.
    6. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it, but I have to say I've never babied a gun like this one before. Any ammo that won't work in here works great in my Ruger Mark III or Mark IV. Sadly, Ruger won't design those pistols with a larger magazine capacity. The P322 is a comfortable pistol to shoot and quite accurate, but if you're thinking of buying one be aware of the issues.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom