• ...and so much more!
  • mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    Had my Sig P365XL for almost 2 years now (purchased new) Probably has 500+ rounds through it. There seems to be a lot more wear on one side that’s being caused by the slide. To the point where the finish is completely rubbed off, and metal being worn down. I clean and lube after every use.

Is this amount of wear normal? Or something I should contact Sig about?

IMG_0619.jpeg
    IMG_0618.jpeg
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    I went ahead and contacted Sig and sent the pictures. Almost seems like he was trying to talk me out of sending it in. He agreed the amount of wear was abnormal, but if it was functioning/cycling normally then it’s not NECESSARY. Then went on about how I would have to send it back via FFL, since they would most likely have to replace the frame I would have a different serial number, etc.

I’ve only used Rugers customer service before and they were a lot more “no questions asked, just send it in and we’ll make it right.”

Last edited:

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I went ahead and contacted Sig and sent the pictures. Almost seems like he was trying to talk me out of sending it in. He agreed the amount of wear was abnormal, but if it was functioning normally then it’s not NECESSARY. Then went on about how I would have to send it back via FFL, etc.
    The P365 line is supposedly the current leaders of smaller carry guns. Sig's success also depends on service after the sale. I had a P938 that had a magazine ejector problem and I sent back for repair twice and no fix. The third time they replaced the gun with a new one. It was a 4 month hassle

mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    Sent it in, guy at the store said more than likely they would consider it normal wear/tear. Especially if it’s not effecting it’s functionality.

Guess I’ll wait and see.

gspfunk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2023
    Little Elm, TX
    My new XL is doing that somewhat, but NOT on that scale. I’ve put about 350 rounds through it in the 2 weeks I’ve had it. I wish someone still did the Robar NP3 coating.

rsrocket1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2020
    DFW
    The P365 serialized part is the FCU not the frame. Unfortunately it does look like the FCU rail is the part that has the chatter marks on it. It looks like one side was machined flat and the other side wasn't machined down properly.

Prior to Sig getting the government contracts and working 24/7/365 to fill orders, they were very reluctant to honor service on their guns but with enough persistence they did for a friend whose gun had issues. I agree that Ruger and S&W bend over backwards to give great customer service (personal experience).

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I went ahead and contacted Sig and sent the pictures. Almost seems like he was trying to talk me out of sending it in. He agreed the amount of wear was abnormal, but if it was functioning/cycling normally then it’s not NECESSARY. Then went on about how I would have to send it back via FFL, since they would most likely have to replace the frame I would have a different serial number, etc.

I’ve only used Rugers customer service before and they were a lot more “no questions asked, just send it in and we’ll make it right.”
    I gave a like because of the comment about Ruger.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    The P365 line is supposedly the current leaders of smaller carry guns. Sig's success also depends on service after the sale. I had a P938 that had a magazine ejector problem and I sent back for repair twice and no fix. The third time they replaced the gun with a new one. It was a 4 month hassle
    I have two P938s. Each as performed without any problem. During warmer weather I often carry one.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "They replaced it." - Meaning the entire pistol or just the chattered part?

At this point, what service grade would assign your experience?

A/B/C etc.....

Thanks!

mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    "They replaced it." - Meaning the entire pistol or just the chattered part?

At this point, what service grade would assign your experience?

A/B/C etc.....

Thanks!
    Entire thing, new serial number.

I’d say service was a B. Reason I didn’t give it an A is because the first CS rep from Sig I spoke with tried to talk me out of sending it due to it still being functional regardless of the part being chipped away. I sent it in via Academy and the douche there tried to say it was normal wear, and tried to convince me Sig would more than likely deny a warranty claim.

I had him send it in anyway, Sig replaced it in under a month. So since they made it right the first go round, I give them a B.

I guess my only basis for comparison as far as having warranty work done is with Ruger. they were pretty much no questions asked, just send it in, and fixed the problem.

Last edited:

DACMagic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2023
    Austin
    It would have been interesting to see the slide channel to see if there were similar chatter marks.

My guess is the frame had those slight chatter marks from production, and SIG's finishing process just covered it up enough to make it difficult to notice when purchased new. The slide wore down the top of the finish making it more noticeable.

Were you able to slide your finger nail over it and catch the marks?

Top Bottom