• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SO758

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Central TX
    Just received my P6 (German surplus guns) and am rather pleased. Looks a little holster worn but the internals don't look as though it has been shot alot. Probably carried more than shot

Bought it for the girlfriend to have around so I can reclaim my 226.

Mags are a bit tough to find....and pricey too!

Who else got in on the cheap sig P6 deal?
    Military Camp

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    From what I've been hearing on various forums, apparently the Sig P6/P225 mag supply has been drying up a bit lately. I think they used to be somewhere around $18 a piece or so. I just saw someone on Gunbroker trying to sell a pair for $100! :eek: There were a couple auctions more reasonable around $60-70 for 2-3 mags.

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Germany and Austria must have shipped a container load (or several) of those things over because everyone that handles surplus pistols is selling them.
    Summit Gun Broker
    AIM Surplus
    Centerfire systems
    Military Gun Supply

Beware that these are old pistols (friend of mine bought one stamped 11/79), and have definitely been used. Holster wear and polishing on the chamber are guaranteed. The grips probably won't like solvents and are both difficult and expensive to replace. Magazines are nearly impossible to source.

Having said that, my friend loves his.

SO758

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Central TX
    From what I've been hearing on various forums, apparently the Sig P6/P225 mag supply has been drying up a bit lately. I think they used to be somewhere around $18 a piece or so. I just saw someone on Gunbroker trying to sell a pair for $100! :eek: There were a couple auctions more reasonable around $60-70 for 2-3 mags.

I saw those auction on gunbroker, threw up in my mouth a little bit!:eek:

stockFD3S

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Leon Valley, TX
    I bought a 6/225 for my mom (mother's day/birthday) and purchased a couple extra mags at time of sale for $12/each. Gun easily does 1" at 15y, just not with me.

SO758

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Central TX
    Germany and Austria must have shipped a container load (or several) of those things over because everyone that handles surplus pistols is selling them.
    Summit Gun Broker
    AIM Surplus
    Centerfire systems
    Military Gun Supply

Beware that these are old pistols (friend of mine bought one stamped 11/79), and have definitely been used. Holster wear and polishing on the chamber are guaranteed. The grips probably won't like solvents and are both difficult and expensive to replace. Magazines are nearly impossible to source.

Having said that, my friend loves his.

I called all the one's you listed, none available. BTW the guy I talked to at military gun supply is a butthole! I wouldn't buy any from him if they were the last on earth.

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    I called all the one's you listed, none available. BTW the guy I talked to at military gun supply is a butthole! I wouldn't buy any from him if they were the last on earth.

MGS is not my favorite place to shop in-person. It's not in a good neighborhood and attracts some unsavory characters to boot.

AIM Surplus is supposed to be accepting pre-orders for their next shipment if their website is correct.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    Have ya'll tried JGsales.com?

I bought two from him last month. They are still listed on his sight.

http://www.jgsales.com/

Date Ordered: Friday April 11, 2008

Products
    ------------------------------------------------------
    2 x SIG P6 and P225 magzines, 9mm 8 round. G-VG (4-602) = $39.90
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sub-Total: $39.90
    Zip Zone Rates (Shipping to 774 : 0.36 lb(s)): $9.95
    Total: $49.85

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    I'd call him. He may have the real thing too.

The ones I bought are not Promag. They are used Police trade-ins. They were listed as G-VG (see my quote) I would rate them as good.

It's worth a call.:)

SO758

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Central TX
    Called JG, no go, all they have are the pro mags. I don't like promag, not reliable.

Maybe I'll get lucky and catch someone dumping them on a board somewhere (grasping at straws).

Top Bottom