• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I tried a Sig Romeo 4 a few years back, and I was not impressed. 1 of the mounting screws broke while trying to mount the optic, and the glass had a VERY bad red tint. Anytime I had light behind me, you'd see a red blob on the screen. What it was - was the light shining past my head and striking the back glass. It was very distracting... So, I sent it back... SInce then, I haven't paid much attention to the Sig Romeo series, as they are all Chinese optics...

But this week, I was watching a video on Youtube showing some higher end optics. 1 of them was a Romeo 8... I had never heard of it before.

I will say that it has impressed me. 1 version has a titanium metal cage over the optic. It even took shotgun blasts and still worked afterwards. It supposedly has the sharpest dot on any red dot, and multiple reticles... Up to 100,000 hours of use before ya gotta change the battery.

I just got a Mepro 21 for my new CX4, but now I am wondering if I should got one of these. However, I am so picky about optics that I do not like trying something new until I can see 1 in person. And, right now, everyone is sold out of the black version. Only the FDE version is available. So, it really doesn't matter anyway.

But, I will say that I hope to be able to check this optic out in person soon.

It is apparently assembled in the USA, and it is seeing some military use.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Well, I broke down and ordered the damn thing.

Someone on the gun forum I run found a place that had them on sale, and in black. I could not pass it up at that price....

I will decide between the Mepro 21 and this, and just sell whatever one I don't want. What kills me is that I even have the Washout Remover coming in for my Mepro 21....

I may lose a few dollars, but I really wanted an Aimpoint, but did not want to spend the $$. If I had even discovered this prior to ordering the Mepro21 , I probably would have bought this anyway.

So, I am excited to get it in hand next week....

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Sorry to necro, but how did you find the optic? Considering this one myself

I still have it and really like it. It is funny I just see this, as I did a search on this optic yesterday. And, there are more reviews and youtube videos on it than there were back when I bought it.

I would say this is my favorite red dot. It still works fantastic.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I think the 4 was not so great. I have the 5 and the 7 and like them both. Though the 7 is bigger and I like it better of the two.

Not seen the 8.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I think the 4 was not so great. I have the 5 and the 7 and like them both. Though the 7 is bigger and I like it better of the two.

Not seen the 8.

Yes, I had the 4, and returned it. The mounting screw snapped in 1/2 when I was mounting it.

But this 8T is milspec, and is made very well.

TH4DDEUS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    California
    Yes, I had the 4, and returned it. The mounting screw snapped in 1/2 when I was mounting it.

But this 8T is milspec, and is made very well.
    Yeah I just don't want to be yet another guy with eotech,yes they are great but I like to have something slightly different. Glad to see it's a solid choice. How did you find the reticle? Easy target acquisition?

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Yeah I just don't want to be yet another guy with eotech,yes they are great but I like to have something slightly different. Glad to see it's a solid choice. How did you find the reticle? Easy target acquisition?

Yes, and I like that you have a choice of reticle. I like the Eotech style reticle most of the time. But when shooting groups at the bench, I will drop to just the single red dot

TH4DDEUS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    California
    Yes, and I like that you have a choice of reticle. I like the Eotech style reticle most of the time. But when shooting groups at the bench, I will drop to just the single red dot
    Indeed the eotech reticle is something that I miss when moving to other optics. It makes a big difference in my ability to get on target quickly and consistently

Top Bottom