Sig Sauer 1911 Texas Edition Gold Vs Kimber 1911 Texas Edition?

CalibersUSA

Forum Sponsor
Jul 22, 2015
Albuquerque, NM, USA
Sig Sauer 1911 Texas Edition Gold 1911-45-TXG

We have these Sig Sauer 1911 Texas Edition available in gold. Which the pictures does not do it justice. Anyone has the Kimber 1911 to compare? For the Sig Sauer, the silver ones seems to out quick, but I have to say, I can't get my mind off of the Gold one. Worth the purchase?

https://www.calibersusa.com/sig-sauer/1911-sig-sauer-texas-edition-gold-191145txg-56485

Item Number: 1911-45-TXG
Type: Firearm / Handgun / Pistol
FAMILY:1911 Style Pistol Series
MODEL:1911 TEXAS EDITION
TYPE:Semi-Auto Pistol
ACTION:Single Action
FINISH:SS Frame / Polished Blue Slide
STOCK/FRAME:Steel Frame
STOCK/GRIPS:Rosewood Custom Grips
CALIBER/GAUGE:45 ACP
SIGHTS:Adjustable Target Sights
SAFETY:Thumb and Grip Safety
ADDL INFO:Custom TX Engraved Wood Grips
ADDL INFO:Custom TX Engraving On Slide
ADDL INFO:Gold Texas Star on Slide

gll

Jan 22, 2016
The origin of that quote engraved...

On another occasion the Texas Brigade was passing in review to honor a visiting British colonel. The visitor noticed that the wear and tear of months in the field had taken the seat of almost every Texan's trousers. Some had patched them, but a good many more hadn't.

"Never mind their raggedness, Colonel. The enemy never sees the back of my Texans," said Lee.

A 1911 that never saw that war seems a funny place to find that quote, but the gun is a beauty!

My great grandfather served in The Milam County Greys, Company G, 5th Texas Regiment, "Hood's Texas Brigade". Not one of it's more storied members, he was sick most of his war, that supported by the fact his brother died from the same pneumonia. My great grandfather was badly wounded in his back by shrapnel at Chickamauga, and the story was that near Chattanooga, his Captain discharged him, but without orders, telling him that he would never be closer to Texas... He was listed as a deserter, but upon testimony received pension in about 1907.

I did a 4 month motorcycle tour of Civil War battlefields in 1990, and everywhere, 2nd Bull Run, Sharpsburg, Gettysburg, Chicamauga, The Wilderness, the monuments attest to the bravery of Lee's Texans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

CZPistol

TGT Supporter
Apr 13, 2015
123 Easy St.
Sig Sauer 1911 Texas Edition Gold 1911-45-TXG

We have these Sig Sauer 1911 Texas Edition available in gold. Which the pictures does not do it justice. Anyone has the Kimber 1911 to compare? For the Sig Sauer, the silver ones seems to out quick, but I have to say, I can't get my mind off of the Gold one. Worth the purchase?

https://www.calibersusa.com/sig-sauer/1911-sig-sauer-texas-edition-gold-191145txg-56485

Item Number: 1911-45-TXG
Type: Firearm / Handgun / Pistol
FAMILY:1911 Style Pistol Series
MODEL:1911 TEXAS EDITION
TYPE:Semi-Auto Pistol
ACTION:Single Action
FINISH:SS Frame / Polished Blue Slide
STOCK/FRAME:Steel Frame
STOCK/GRIPS:Rosewood Custom Grips
CALIBER/GAUGE:45 ACP
SIGHTS:Adjustable Target Sights
SAFETY:Thumb and Grip Safety
ADDL INFO:Custom TX Engraved Wood Grips
ADDL INFO:Custom TX Engraving On Slide
ADDL INFO:Gold Texas Star on Slide

Was that a question or an advertisement for your business?

CalibersUSA

Forum Sponsor
Jul 22, 2015
Albuquerque, NM, USA
It is a legit question. I get a lot of request for the Kimber 1911 Texas Edition. Even though we do not have it anymore. We just got in the Sig and most still ask for the Kimber, so I wanted to know some thoughts and comparison.

Was that a question or an advertisement for your business?

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member