• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MNguyen281

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    My truck was broken into the morning of February 24, 2008 (I keep thinking its still 2008 right now lol).

When I came out in the morning my driver side window was smashed in and the door was open.

The only thing that was missing was a Sentry lock box with my new Sig Sauer P226 Platinum Elite 9mm in it with two mags and a box of Cor-Bons.

The serial number is U768872. It was purchased from the Saxet Gun Show up in Austin a couple weeks earlier from TNG Hardware.

The gun was unfired. It had a brand new Streamlignt TLR-2 light/laser attached to the accessory rail.

I have filed a police report with HPD but have not heard anything back.

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Sorry to hear of your loss, will add this to my watch list. Do not lose hope, I have recovered guns after several years.

MNguyen281

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Well the ATF came to me in march 09 and asked me why this gun was found at a crime scene. Apparently it had been confiscated by the sheriff's department in may 2008 only a couple months after i lost it. I worked with hpd and hcso for 2 months calling them everyday and i just got it back a couple days ago. The finish was worn, there was mud onn it and a bunch of scratches but at least i got it back.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Well the ATF came to me in march 09 and asked me why this gun was found at a crime scene. Apparently it had been confiscated by the sheriff's department in may 2008 only a couple months after i lost it. I worked with hpd and hcso for 2 months calling them everyday and i just got it back a couple days ago. The finish was worn, there was mud onn it and a bunch of scratches but at least i got it back.

Good deal, glad you got your gun back.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Glad to hear you got it back! Don't worry about the physical damage. Sigs like it, it just adds character. ;) I guess I can say mine has lots of "character"! ;)

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    That is great news, every so often we get one back to the rightful owner. Glad you were one of the lucky ones.

Top Bottom