• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Austin, TX
    As others have said, standard DA/SA with decocking lever. The 226 also passed the same tests the Beretta did back in the 80's but lost out due to price.
    Gun Zone Deals

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    As others have said, standard DA/SA with decocking lever. The 226 also passed the same tests the Beretta did back in the 80's but lost out due to price.

I can see how price would be a factor. Military always uses the lowest bidder. Never mind long term reliability.

FlyinFast

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Richardson
    That's wild the your Guard unit is getting 226s

It's good enough for the British SAS and US Navy Seals.
    Not a bad recomendation.

One thing I found interesting is the front sights are set so you cover your intended point of impact with the front sight, opposed to hold at six o'clock

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    That's wild the your Guard unit is getting 226s

It's good enough for the British SAS and US Navy Seals.
    Not a bad recomendation.

One thing I found interesting is the front sights are set so you cover your intended point of impact with the front sight, opposed to hold at six o'clock

+1

Be glad the guard is smart enough to make the transfer.

I've seen one of our SEALs take out targets at 50yds with the 226 and that was with Wolf ammo. I can't pull a trigger as fast as this guy was delivering rounds down range in a chest-sized area.

The Germans know how to make weapons - Italians aren't bad for skeet shooting - not sure what else to say.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    +1

Be glad the guard is smart enough to make the transfer.

I've seen one of our SEALs take out targets at 50yds with the 226 and that was with Wolf ammo. I can't pull a trigger as fast as this guy was delivering rounds down range in a chest-sized area.

The Germans know how to make weapons - Italians aren't bad for skeet shooting - not sure what else to say.

I'm hoping we get ours soon. I'm anxious too find out how they do. I think its great we're getting some new weapons in our arsenal. Gives me a new weapon to learn.

carlo1776

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    I would never part with my P226. You'll love it. Takedown and reassembly is childs play.

IMG_1502.jpg

junkyguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just picked up a sig 226 in .40 s&w with the .357 sig barrel as an accessory has anyone had the same gun and how do they like it .
    which caliber is the most accurate in this handgun 40 or 357 sig?
    I have some 40 ammo and hope to try it this week as for the 357 well as we all know to get ammo for this one we have to fill out a loan agreement . if i can get some dies this week for the 357 i will get some ammo loaded and give it a try as well.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I've got a P226 9mm and it is a tack driver. Also a P239 .40 for which I bought a .357 barrel. I find the .357 to be a bit easier to shoot recoil wise which makes it a bit more accurate in my hands. As to which is actually more accurate... as long as the barrel fit is proper, you would need to be shooting a pretty long distances for the difference between the two to show up. Like 25 yards or so. At those distances, I'd give the edge to the .357, being faster flatter shooting. But at defense ranges (7-10 yards) I doubt you will see much difference unless, like me, you handle the round better.

The sights on your .40, if they are factory standard, will be 6 - 8. A factory .357 comes with 8 8. So you can expect to be a little low shooting the .357. But we are talking 1 - 2 inches at 25 yards, which wouldn't even show up at 7 yards.

garza1290

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Texas
    I just picked up a sig 226 in .40 s&w with the .357 sig barrel as an accessory has anyone had the same gun and how do they like it .
    which caliber is the most accurate in this handgun 40 or 357 sig?
    I have some 40 ammo and hope to try it this week as for the 357 well as we all know to get ammo for this one we have to fill out a loan agreement . if i can get some dies this week for the 357 i will get some ammo loaded and give it a try as well.
    Hey Junkyguns, I've owned this pistol for over four years and I love it. It is scarey accurate and 100% reliable. I have over 5K rounds through it and have never had a malfuncion. I did buy the .357 Sig barrel when I first purchased the pistol. I've heard that the .357 sig is better at longer distances and better at penetrating through obsacles which prompted me to buy the sig barrel. To tell you the truth I really didn't see a diffrence. Effecivness of the two rounds is pretty much the same. I seemed to shoot better with the .40 plus .357 Sig ammo is a lot more pricey. But thats jus me and my . Hope this helps.

txtrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    I was issued a P226 DA/SA in 357 Sig as a duty pistol and I loved it. When DPS retired the DA/SA for the DAO, I found the DAO trigger to be very nice. I did not notice a difference in accuracy at the range, both are very good shooters.

HarleyAggie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    I love my P226...yeah a bit pricey but in the long run an extra couple of hundred bucks spent on what you like isn't much.....Qualified on my CHL with it...shoots like a dream!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I bought mine at the start of the klinton AWB. I was going to buy a Polytech Legend AK-47. I still had my FFL then & the assault weapons went crazy. I think my Sig 226 served me better then any AK would of. Then again the 226 did not jump in value as much.

Top Bottom