• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Panda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    DFW
    I will say this. The 227 is suppose to use the same holsters as the 226, but in my experience, the 227 is a little bit thicker than the 226, so they fit too tight in 226 holsters making drawing the weapon difficult. I never carry mine as a result. Never could find a good holster specific to a 227.

quantum13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Denton, TX
    Not sure if OP is still interested but the 227 is basically a slightly fatter 226 frame with a 220 slide; to be very clear the slide on the 220 and 227 is interchangeable (as they both fire 45 acp).

Basically, if you're handly with a 220 you will be handy with the 227, as long as you're fine with that fatter grip. the E2 contoured slim grips work pretty well on this model especially if you don't have huge hands.

I'm one of the lucky few that snagged a 227 Elite while they were available; fantastic pistol just like the 220 and 226 it's based on but that choice of caliber really just wasn't popular enough to sustain sales.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Had one. Great pistol, but for some reason I just didn't like it. Sometimes a particular pistol just doesn't fit in your hand right or something. From the factory, the pistol was super tight. I took the time to break it in and it functioned flawlessly. One day I walked into the local gun store and there was a pistol I had been looking for, so I traded in the 227. It was a great gun, but just didn't work for me.

BCD 45

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2015
    TEXAS GULF COAST
    Had one. Great pistol, but for some reason I just didn't like it. Sometimes a particular pistol just doesn't fit in your hand right or something. From the factory, the pistol was super tight. I took the time to break it in and it functioned flawlessly. One day I walked into the local gun store and there was a pistol I had been looking for, so I traded in the 227. It was a great gun, but just didn't work for me.

T-Jack, I know how you feel sir. I'm that way about Les Baer's, they just don't feel
    right in my hand. Just can't make myself like them at all!

BCD 45

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Yeah, I had a Beretta that I wanted to give to my son. He tried it and couldn't hit the side of a barn with it. Nothing wrong with the pistol, it just didn't fit his hand right.
    I've had the same problem with multiple S&W 5906 and a Beretta 96 Vertec. Cool pistols that I loved but I couldn't hit anything with them for some reason. Any other pistol I'm a fairly accurate shooter but those didn't work out for me.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom