• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Srebmansr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2015
    Cedar Creek
    Anyone gotten the Glock G43 yet? Have been looking at one. I am retired Army and can get for the LE rate at GT Distributors for a great price. Been waiting for P320 in sub compact 9 mm with 12 round mag but just came out. Looking at either for concealed carry. I like the capacity of the P320 sub compact but like the price of the G43. Any recommendations?
    Hurley's Gold

Wild West

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    G'Town
    I don't own either, but going off of all the other reviews I've been reading I'd go with the Sig. Hell, I'd go with the Sig over a Glock every day of the week and twice on Sundays anyways, but that's just me. They aren't that much more more for price to be the determining factor IMO.

Srebmansr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2015
    Cedar Creek
    The price difference would be about $200. Already have a sig p320 9mm compact carry with night sights. Love the p320 compact shoots great and like the modularity of it. They just have not come it with the 9 mm subcompact caliber exchange kit yet. I lean towards the sig myself but the wife has the G 42 and likes it. The G43 is a bit larger in the grips which would be good for my hand size.

Thanks for the input.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    These are very different guns.

I suggest trying them out before you buy one.

The 43 being a single stack is more similar to the ruger LC9S, XDS, M&P Shield. I don't like the grip angle, but you might like it. Try and notice the grip angle and compare it to other options.

The Sig is more similar to the m&p compact, xd compact, glock 26.

I wouldn't narrow it down to these 2 to start your search. Leave your options open and look, touch, dry fire and shoot as many of these as you can.

Thank you for your service. I hope you get this figured out.

Pmac51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2015
    Humble, TX
    These are very different guns.

I suggest trying them out before you buy one.

The 43 being a single stack is more similar to the ruger LC9S, XDS, M&P Shield. I don't like the grip angle, but you might like it. Try and notice the grip angle and compare it to other options.

The Sig is more similar to the m&p compact, xd compact, glock 26.

I wouldn't narrow it down to these 2 to start your search. Leave your options open and look, touch, dry fire and shoot as many of these as you can.

Thank you for your service. I hope you get this figured out.

^ this is most important, especially grip angle. Some of which can be mitigated with added grip tape, but overall pocket vs, sub is a consideration as well but will be limited by caliber.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    As a new owner of the P320 I can tell you it is an excellent choice (in my opinion of course). Now when considering a carry piece, I checked out both the subcompact and the compact. The subcompact was only about a half inch smaller in length and only accommodates a two finger grip, now I know that's like many concealed, but the compact just felt better to me and is very concealable. Good news is, if you do get the sub compact and feel you may like the compact better, you can without actually buying a new gun, thanks to the modularity ..... also change cals. (without buying a new handgun).

Top Bottom