price match icon(1).jpg
    Lynx Defense

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I have a couple P938s. Only issue I've ever had with them was with some really cheap Russian ammo. Don't blame the pistol for that at all.

dt300mm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Austin
    I've had my 938 for a little over a year now. As usual soon after I bought mine, both my regular shooting buddies had to each have one. Then my son's karate instructor.....So I can now speak of 4, 938's that have had zero issues. Zero FTF, FTE etc. and that's with 3 of us shooing them at least once a week. We're shooting 115 FMJ's & not social ammo but these little pistols run like clockwork. I'm a bit of a clean gun nut plus my 9398 is one of my regular carry guns so clean it after I shoot. The other 2 not so much, they get cleaned infrequently but always run perfectly.
    During the first 200 rounds the trigger pull lightened from off being my RCBS scale to a crisp 5 1/2lbs. That was several thousand rounds ago & it has stayed at that pull weight since. My 938 is one I'm really attached to, have 100% confidence in so yeah good gun

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Yeah, I've been toting a P938 Extreme for several years, and mine has been very reliable. If I do my part, it does it's part, every time, thus far.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    With this thread in mind I took my P938 out yesterday.

Shot with some odds-n-ends assortment of ammo that was lying around the gun room.
    Ran flawlessly.
    Shot my Gold Cup 1911 too.

It really is close to a baby 1911.

I carry it in field in the little factory plastic holster that it came with. Very handy.
    For concealed carry I have a custom Kydex inside-the-waistband holster that bites my hip a bit!

Spoiler alert!!! It's less accurate than the Gold Cup. Sorry to disappoint.

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    OH......

What I really want is a P938-22-TB with the factory threaded barrel for my Sparrow can.
    Was catalogued. http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p938-22lr-tb.aspx
    Never seen one. Anybody???
    I have one for mine, got it direct from SIG when they were first released (I got on the notification list when they were announced) and it runs great with my Sparrow.

I have multicaliber kits and threaded barrels for many of my handguns.

NativH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Houston
    I carry it in field in the little factory plastic holster that it came with. Very handy.
    I use that factory plastic holder when taking the dog for a walk and I'm in shorts and a t-shirt. I also have a Galco ankle holster for those times I need to carry it in a dress situation, where I'm not supposed to have a gun, and no where to hide one. May not be convenient, but it is on my person. Better than nothing.

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    This is the thing I like the most about the P938, a very potent, very concealable, very reliable, very accurate package that affords me numerous easy carry possibilities.

M2 Carbine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2014
    I have two P938 pistols. I bought the first one two years ago. I liked it so well I bought a "pretty one".
    My first 1911 was in the USMC when I was 17, so I am a fan of "cocked and locked".

I pocket carry. The little P938 is about perfect.

I shoot the guns a fair amount (backyard range).
    I don't recall a malfunction.

As the saying goes, the guns are more accurate than I can shoot.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    They pop up in the TGT Classifieds from time to time ;)

ETA: Didn't realize a one-post fly-by woke up this 2.5 year-old thread about 6weeks ago!

Still some good information here, especially about folks' experience with the 938 over time. Great pistols!

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom