• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I actually really want one of these. For no other reason than it's something like the MP5, which is good enough for me.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I have been waiting for them since SHOT last year when I had a chance to fondle a few. They are much nicer in person. I am glad to see they are finally available. They must not be selling many of the Govt/LE only models...
    Kel-tec also showed a similar gun at SHOT last year that I have never seen in ads or for sale. A 9mm rifle with a sliding stock and a threaded barrel.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I have been shedding Sig guns at a steady pace. The only ones I'll keep is the 220 I bought in Germany about 30 years ago, and the 226 purchased in '01.

The Mosquito was a great idea, but poorly executed.

The 556 is ungainly, heavy, and difficult to keep clean.

The P2022 "Academy Special" has no merits to earn the Sig moniker.

The P238 shipped with only one magazine, and is a clone of the Colt .380.

The P938 had to go back to the factory for warranty service (bad extraction).

I really enjoy the two Sig Sauers I've held on to, but the others were nothing but trouble.

Sig makes some very fine guns, but has shipped a bunch of stinkers into our gun-hungry market. I'll admit I was a fan boy, but the admiration has worn off.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    I have my 225 (p6) and I am pretty happy with it. Been wanting to get a 228 or 229 but that might be a while. As cool as that looks, that is a hefty price. Not terrible, IMO, but that's too rich for my blood right now for what it is. I'd rather get a Kel-Tec or Beretta carbine.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Sig makes some very fine guns, but has shipped a bunch of stinkers into our gun-hungry market. I'll admit I was a fan boy, but the admiration has worn off.
    Same here... Seems like Exeter has put out some real turds in the past few years, but I still love my West German Sigs. I have to disagree with you on the P938... Mine has been great and I bought one for the girlfriend as well. Definitely my favorite pocket pistol at the moment.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX

I feel the same way, about SIG USA that is. Unfortunately, SIG USA has been living off the name for too long, but not really delivering on the expectation of that name. At least there are more than enough old and used SIGs out there that it doesn't matter.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I feel the same way, about SIG USA that is. Unfortunately, SIG USA has been living off the name for too long, but not really delivering on the expectation of that name. At least there are more than enough old and used SIGs out there that it doesn't matter.

They did a good 1911

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    On topic - If they're releasing the MPX to the public, why are all the MPX variants shown on their web site listed as "LE/GOVT ONLY"? The version with the long muzzle attachment (that you just cover with a tube to turn into a suppressor) doesn't show up on their site at all any more. It's my guess that's the version most of the public would like to buy. Something doesn't add up here.

Maybe their web site maintenance just sucks. Actually, I think that may be a good guess. The 7.62x39 556 never did show up on their site during the first round of availability. Neither did their SBRs.

Off topic - I want an MPX carbine. And a P240. And an AMT. That's about the full list of my SIG desires.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    On topic - If they're releasing the MPX to the public, why are all the MPX variants shown on their web site listed as "LE/GOVT ONLY"? The version with the long muzzle attachment (that you just cover with a tube to turn into a suppressor) doesn't show up on their site at all any more. It's my guess that's the version most of the public would like to buy. Something doesn't add up here.

It's my understanding that with that particular model, SIG is having some issues with the ATF not 100% sure that they approve of the model, or if it violates some current interpretation of the week of what they consider acceptable or not.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX

The used ones I have seen recently literally look like they have been "to hell and back." I think the days of finding mint West German to mid-90s Sigs are over. And forget about the p228s, they are nowhere. Gun shops charging too much, etc. I disagree with some of the statements about Sig quality. I generally stay away from Sigs made between 2000 and 2011, unless they are p239s, p228s, and early p229s. The 2012 ones I have shot have all been excellent, so I think they are getting on the right track with the classic series, not sure about new models. I stand in awe that Sig has even survived this long, given the current trends, and still offering models that have changed relatively little since the 70s. They could have abandoned their proven designs and made their version of Glock, like S&W did, but they didn't, and I respect that.

Top Bottom