• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Customer dropped his new rifle off to get zeroed in, and man... do I ever want one of these. The design is very similar to a Steyr on roids and has detachable box magazine.

The entire gun is designed for accuracy. Completely free-float, and a pillar bedded front and rear lug. The stock itself is completely rigid so I'd imagine it's a full aluminum bedding as well as the pillars. Heavy barrel, and in cool weather (45 - 50 degs.) it never got above room temp.

Recoil is very light, and the feel of the gun is awesome. It's a very stable platform, good weight, and it does a good job of eliminating blood pump and bounce, even noticed this at 24x on the scope. The palm swell is just right for me, and the neck is a bit thick, which I also prefer. Repeatability with the adjustable comb riser is improved, especially at 24x ... if you migrate your cheek weld, you certainly know it.

The action felt nice, real similar to a higher grade Remington 700. The trigger has a two-step feel which I'm not too keen on, but the pull weight and break are to die for. Ample enough weight to give feedback, but breaks like glass. I still prefer a nicely adjusted Remington X-Pro trigger, but this was no slouch.

It seemed to like the 168 grain Sierra MatchKings I was running through it, but it printed rather high at 100 yards. Would probably get better results using a 175 grain or higher A-Max or SMK.
    Military Camp

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Pics or BS! Hehe j/k. Seriously, you can't keep talking about these cool guns you come across without pics, you're killin' me. ;)

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    Customer dropped his new rifle off to get zeroed in, and man... do I ever want one of these. The design is very similar to a Steyr on roids and has detachable box magazine.

The entire gun is designed for accuracy. Completely free-float, and a pillar bedded front and rear lug. The stock itself is completely rigid so I'd imagine it's a full aluminum bedding as well as the pillars. Heavy barrel, and in cool weather (45 - 50 degs.) it never got above room temp.

Recoil is very light, and the feel of the gun is awesome. It's a very stable platform, good weight, and it does a good job of eliminating blood pump and bounce, even noticed this at 24x on the scope. The palm swell is just right for me, and the neck is a bit thick, which I also prefer. Repeatability with the adjustable comb riser is improved, especially at 24x ... if you migrate your cheek weld, you certainly know it.

The action felt nice, real similar to a higher grade Remington 700. The trigger has a two-step feel which I'm not too keen on, but the pull weight and break are to die for. Ample enough weight to give feedback, but breaks like glass. I still prefer a nicely adjusted Remington X-Pro trigger, but this was no slouch.

It seemed to like the 168 grain Sierra MatchKings I was running through it, but it printed rather high at 100 yards. Would probably get better results using a 175 grain or higher A-Max or SMK.

Alan, I forget that you've not shot my Savage F/TR.

Accutrigger. 6 ounces. Period.

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    My Styer SSG PII has a 4 oz. double set trigger!
    I had to look that one up. Maybe I should have more research when I bought my rifle. The Steyr is a bit more expensive, but when you've already spent a grand - what's a few more hundred. My wife said I could have a $1000 to buy a rifle I wanted when I re-enlisted. I didn't want her to rescind the offer.

Does double set mean like two stage? Certainly a nice rifle. I do, however, have nothing but love for mine. If only it had a magazine.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Does double set mean like two stage? Certainly a nice rifle. I do, however, have nothing but love for mine. If only it had a magazine.

Double set triggers are outstandind once you learn how they work. I can just pull the front trigger if I choose (not sure of the weight) or set the back trigger giving the front the 4oz. weight. At 4oz you need to be ready as it breaks just as my trigger finger makes contact.

Top Bottom