• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I may be wrong, but this is just a GSR(which stands for Granite State something or other) with a rail. I dont think Sig markets it as a tactical. Anytime a gun has a rail everyone wants to call it "tactical" because it sounds cool. You have to be careful with peoples wording on TGT, they like to market things as rare, hard to find, tactical, a steal at, etc....Go to gunbroker and do some research and see what a used GSR with a rail is selling for. I know a couple of guys who have them and they like them, just check the pricing.

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Thanks Okie he said it was given to him in the military and that it is a military versiion of the gsr. That it came with an adjustable trigger and match barrel. I will look into it on gunbroker.

philbo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Houston
    That's just the standard GSR... Granite Series Rail. It's a fairly early model of the design as evidenced by the manhole cover on the rear of the slide... these were the models most likely to have problems and most negative reports of the GSR involve this model. The pistol went through some redesign and later models dropped the manhole cover, and the Revolution is the newest model. All the GSR's came with match grade barrel and adjustable triggers.

I've owned a later model GSR XO (same gun, no rail, no manhole cover). Reliable and accurate. This one seems a little pricey as I found out that the resale on Sig 1911's is not as good as other brands as most shooter seem turned off by the external extractor.

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Thanks for the info philbo I appreciate it. Anyone know anything about the springer operator lw I think I might trade my ultra raptor 2 for it.

philbo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Houston
    The LW Operator is a decent pistol if you like the rail on a 1911. It's basically a Loaded Model (and that's not bad) with the rail being integrated into the frame, which is Springfields aluminum allloy. The only thing missing on this pistol in my opinion is that the front strap is not checkered, something I really like. It doesn't come with a full length guide rod either, just the standard plug. Plenty accurate and reliable. Good gun, and better looking than some railed models.

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    The LW Operator is a decent pistol if you like the rail on a 1911. It's basically a Loaded Model (and that's not bad) with the rail being integrated into the frame, which is Springfields aluminum allloy. The only thing missing on this pistol in my opinion is that the front strap is not checkered, something I really like. It doesn't come with a full length guide rod either, just the standard plug. Plenty accurate and reliable. Good gun, and better looking than some railed models.

Thank you again sir if one is in good condition with 400 rds outta it what would you say it worth be. If you dont mind

philbo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Houston
    400 rounds should just be getting broke in. You would want to look cloasely at the rails and the front housing around the recoil spring/bushing as this is wear problems are most likely to occur with the alloy frame.

NIB this pistol runs in the $975-$1025 range, maybe a little higher with the last years madness in prices. LNIB, $850-$925 wouldn't be an unreasonable price. And as always, it's worth what you're willing to give. If you're considering a straight up trade for the Kimber, I think you'd be close to even on these 2 guns... I'd expect some extra $$ for the Kimber if I was trading for the Sig though.

Top Bottom