• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Getting a new SIG! kindof...

i am going to pickup a new Mosquito. from what i udnerstand these are actually manufactured by a diffrent company for sig, is that correct? also any owners of the sig mosquito with anything to toss in, by all means i want to hear it. looks like a fun little shooter, if not a tack driver or ultra super reliable eats anything pistol. but that is kindof what im looking for. (the former not the latter, ive already got my .22 tackdriver)
    Gun Zone Deals

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I have one, its OK... mine likes the expensive stuff. It will not not cycle anything with that has the word "BULK" in the packaging for some reason. when it does fire, it is accurate though. I find it comfortable to shoot and it feels and looks like a normal gun.

i got mine with a threaded barrel because i would like to get a suppressor for the heck of it but thats still on hold.

they are not known for being reliable though. Of course some are, but it sure seems like half of them are junk.

JOe

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    hmmm well i'm going to roll the dice on this one.
    hope i get a good one.
    are there any after market parts for this sucker? im not seeing much in the usual spots.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I've shot a friend's, and it cycled some of the bulk stuff, but wouldn't cycle subsonic ammo, even the high quality stuff. Pretty much the same ammo sensitivity of my P22.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I have one... don't really like it. I'm actually ok with it's reliability. It functions really well with CCI Mini-mags, but not so much with anything else. My complaint with it is trigger feel and overall quality. It just feels like a cheap toy. I have BB guns that cost 1/4 as much that have better "feel" to them. Yeah I know that's very subjective, but that's my take on it. I got a good deal on it, tho so I don't have too bad buyers remorse. I should probably sell it, but I think I'll tear it apart and see if I can smooth out the trigger a bit. Probably give it to my daughter after that.

Nestromo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Watauga, TX
    Mine has a lot of rounds through it and cycles pretty much any high velocity ammo that I throw at it. It was very picky at first and would only run Mini Mags and the expensive Winchesters in the slide top boxes. I just put a few bricks through it and let it get nasty as can be, sprayed it out with WD-40 and kept letting it get nasty. Break it in hard and it will smooth out. I recommend getting the Sport model.

Cheers,
    Jon

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I have one... don't really like it. I'm actually ok with it's reliability. It functions really well with CCI Mini-mags, but not so much with anything else. My complaint with it is trigger feel and overall quality. It just feels like a cheap toy. I have BB guns that cost 1/4 as much that have better "feel" to them. Yeah I know that's very subjective, but that's my take on it. I got a good deal on it, tho so I don't have too bad buyers remorse. I should probably sell it, but I think I'll tear it apart and see if I can smooth out the trigger a bit. Probably give it to my daughter after that.

how doe sit work with the auto match stuff? i've got like 5 bricks of that.

ill be picking mine up in 10 days and am gonna go for a long walk in the woods with it. and depending on how well it works, come home and make some rabbit and squirrel stir fry ;)

Nestromo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Watauga, TX
    The balance is better, the front sight is hard mounted to the counterweight (and thus the barrel) which will add to the accuracy. If you want to practice with a shorter sight radious you can just pull the weight off (or leave it on) and move the sight back to the slide. The longer barrel will also, I believe, build more pressure and help to cycle the action with a larger variety of ammo. My Sport works rediculously well and I have been very happy with it through the 3,934 rounds that I have put through it. Break it in hard and it will run right.

Top Bottom