Sigma

Big country

TGT Addict
Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Park,TX
My cousin bought a sigma .40 last night. I know they are notorious for being unreliable and it does have a horrible trigger from the dry fire test I did last night. The bullets rattle in the mag but I've heard some of the x's do the same thing. It has not been shot yet but I cycled some Hornady TAP hp's threw it dry and they never "grabbed" the feed ramp. I think it will function pretty good but I was wondering if there is anything special I need to tell him about this afternoon when I go to help him get the basics down for striping and cleaning. It broke down like a Glock. I look forward to the range trip so I can shoot it.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 16, 2008
Houston
...I was wondering if there is anything special I need to tell him about this afternoon when I go to help him get the basics down for striping and cleaning. It broke down like a Glock yesterday.
Yes, you should tell him that it will break down like a Glock again today.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 16, 2008
Houston
That is what my friend said about his XD 40 exactly, That is strange. But if the guess the gun feeds it's OK.
Strange indeed. I am just wondering what, in a mechanical way, is going on inside the gun such that the rattling round is not under the tension of the magazine spring. Guess I should start a new thread about it.

Big country

TGT Addict
Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Park,TX
Nah? this thread 'll do for now we're the only ones posting here anyway.
I guess the way that the bullets stack leaves one or two pressed against the side of the mag instead of the other rounds? I think it maybe that the mag is longer than the bullets and it sliding front to back not side to side. But that doesn't explain the rattle stopping when you take bullet out tho.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 16, 2008
Houston
Nah? this thread 'll do for now we're the only ones posting here anyway.

I am at a complete loss.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members