• ...and so much more!
  • rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Thank you for the link(s).

In the specific case I described, I was more interested in potential penalties. My Son who is a LEO, was also there, well-armed, and a much better shot than I, anyway.

As I live in a very small town, often the business is the ONLY one of its kind convenient to me; and, I seek to educate, b/c the more who actually UNDERSTAND, the better off we'll all be.

leVieux
    When you educate people about putting up proper legal signs to ban you from entrance you remove your defense to prosecution when they put up a legal sign. That was my point. They don't want you in with your self defense tools, don't make it easier for them.
    Military Camp

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Thank you for the link(s).

In the specific case I described, I was more interested in potential penalties. My Son who is a LEO, was also there, well-armed, and a much better shot than I, anyway.

As I live in a very small town, often the business is the ONLY one of its kind convenient to me; and, I seek to educate, b/c the more who actually UNDERSTAND, the better off we'll all be.

leVieux
    IF they understand? What is there to understand? Anyone that puts a sign up, regardless of whether it meets the statutes of the law or not, has essential sent a message that they are anti-gun for whatever reasons.I don't know if your CRUSADE is to educate them on using the proper and legal signage, or to try and change people from being anti-gun in putting up such signage. From past experience, I find that the latter is futile and a wasted effort. A few minutes of your time spent trying to "educate" them is not going to overcome all the years that they have spent believing what they do about guns and the people that carry them.

Daley_G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2021
    Cypress
    Let's also not forget the fact that no sign is going to prevent someone from doing something illegal - whether it's carry, speed on the roadways, etc. Criminals don't obey signs or laws.

ETA: I'm willing to bet the anti-gun folks would be happy to have an armed LTC around if SHTF.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    So, how many places do you figure intentionally display incorrect signage in order to appease the sheep?
    Knowing that people with LTCs will recognize that they are invalid and carry inside.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    So, how many places do you figure intentionally display incorrect signage in order to appease the sheep?
    Knowing that people with LTCs will recognize that they are invalid and carry inside.
    I charitably assume that all incorrect 30.06 signage is an affirmative invitation to carry a concealed weapon.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Was at the local Ford dealer this morning who was proudly displaying this 46.03 notice, as advised by the Texas Auto Dealer Association legal counsel.

3a32c68b279527b8e5c696abc678b7d1.jpg

I just chuckled and carried on as there is zero chance this is a prohibited place.

Top Bottom