• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    I purchased a sig pro 2022 as my first gun. It ate everything i fed it (target ammo) I sold it because i didn't care for the hammer spurs location and the rather wide grip that didn't fit well in my hands.
    Target Sports

armyelevenbravo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    el paso
    im sure this problem was resolved a long time ago, but i had the same problem with mine. you needed to take it about and look at how the spring was seated on the barrel. theres a little nipple (haha) on the end of the guide rod that needs to be seated in an indentation on the barrel. if that's not in there right, you'll have back to back malfunctions all the time. anyone got any tips on where to get some good grips for the sp2022?

Deepsix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Houston
    I also have a SigPro 9mm, you are all correct mags seem to be an issue, I glossed over the grip problem by getting some Crimson Trace grips for mine, I had some issues but CT sorted them out for me and the laser is great for a SD situation when quick target acquisition is paramount. I find the Sig good and accurate ad have only had a couple of issues with ammo which was down to bad primers. All in all a great gun but maybe a little heavy/big for a CCW, and I do prefer my PX Storm .45 at the range so I will probably sell the SigPro and look for a P239 or similar .

Mike Boyd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    San Antonio
    Bought one from Academy yesterday for $399.99 plus tax. Came with one 10 rd mag. Not too happy about that. Went to the range to break in. Federal 115 gr. worked fine, but Blazer brass seemed to FTE on the seventh round every now and then. Ran a bore snake after each box of eight boxes of ammo. Fair trigger SA, but way too long and heavy on DA. Came home to clean again after firing. Not easy to align and push pin/arm out, similar to Ruger P95. Then had problems getting back together, a third hand was needed to align barrel link, hold slide against spring and get back together properly. Ordered two new 15 round mags and the large grip last night which should help me out allot at range since I have large hands. It does shoot very straight and sights are excellent. Groups as good as my Barreta Cougar, just wish take down and reassembly was better/easier. Seems to be sturdy and well made. Might consider for primary carry IF new magazines work better than the one 10 rd mag. Has to fire at least 200 rounds with no hang ups for me to consider it for carry. My S&W, Cougar, Taurus and Bersa Pro have never had a hiccup, very suprised with the number of jams with the Sig!!!

pirateoftheperineum

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Bought one from Academy yesterday for $399.99 plus tax. Came with one 10 rd mag. Not too happy about that. Went to the range to break in. Federal 115 gr. worked fine, but Blazer brass seemed to FTE on the seventh round every now and then. Ran a bore snake after each box of eight boxes of ammo. Fair trigger SA, but way too long and heavy on DA. Came home to clean again after firing. Not easy to align and push pin/arm out, similar to Ruger P95. Then had problems getting back together, a third hand was needed to align barrel link, hold slide against spring and get back together properly. Ordered two new 15 round mags and the large grip last night which should help me out allot at range since I have large hands. It does shoot very straight and sights are excellent. Groups as good as my Barreta Cougar, just wish take down and reassembly was better/easier. Seems to be sturdy and well made. Might consider for primary carry IF new magazines work better than the one 10 rd mag. Has to fire at least 200 rounds with no hang ups for me to consider it for carry. My S&W, Cougar, Taurus and Bersa Pro have never had a hiccup, very suprised with the number of jams with the Sig!!!

In case anyone is interested, there's a better deal than Academy Sports.
    Sig Sauer SIGPRO 2022 9mm, Standard Fixed Sights. DA/SA - New Style - Top Gun Supply
    $399.95, With 2 15rd magazines, $417.95 including shipping, no Texas sales tax

Mike Boyd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    San Antonio
    Thanks for that info.

In case anyone is interested, there's a better deal than Academy Sports.
    Sig Sauer SIGPRO 2022 9mm, Standard Fixed Sights. DA/SA - New Style - Top Gun Supply
    $399.95, With 2 15rd magazines, $417.95 including shipping, no Texas sales tax

I found the 15 round magazines from Top Gun Supply for just $31.95 each and they were Sigs, not aftermarket. Shipped in less than a week. Hope to get to the range next week to see how the new mags work with a few more hundred rounds. Should finish breaking it in. If there are no hangups with the new 15 rd mags, then I will know it was a problem with the 10 rd mag that came with the pistol. Since it is always the seventh round that it hangs on, I really suspect it is a mag problem, not a pistol problem.

Over all, I really like the feel, function and firing of the Pro. Easy to install the new large grip, which was only $15 from Top Gun supply as well. Wish I had known about their deal sooner! Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom