• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BFThorp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I'm buying a couple of cans from dead air and using SS for a trust and the purchase. I'm also adding some other items to the trust in a couple of months. Any useful info or things to consider. Did a search but didn't find much.
    DK Firearms

Tactical Panda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    DFW
    I also had a good experience buying a suppressor from silencer shop (individual). Not sure what you’re looking for information wise. Long wait aside, just following SS’s instructions, it’s a pretty painless process.

BFThorp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Thank you all for the comments. Im not really asking anything specific, and the positive feedback is reassuring.

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    I've used SilencerShop for several cans (with two more in 'the process') If you're using the Single Shot trusts, wait until the stamps come back before adding trustees. As I understand it ,they aren't legal trusts until the Form 4s are approved.

BFThorp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I've used SilencerShop for several cans (with two more in 'the process') If you're using the Single Shot trusts, wait until the stamps come back before adding trustees. As I understand it ,they aren't legal trusts until the Form 4s are approved.
    The more I read, the more I'm getting away from a traditional trust and going to a single shot.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I’ve been waiting on my can approval for 2.5 years!

I suspect foul play with the seller, they will not return my phone calls and they are 2 hours away.

And of course I have paid for the gun with integral can, plus two other cans - over 2K, not including the stamps.

Is there a way I can check with ATF to see if I have been approved?

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    You're welcome. If you don't already have it, the phone number is : (304) 616-4500. I have them on speed dial. ;)

The folks who answer the phone are not involved in the approval process, so there's no point in venting.

If they say that forms are in 'error status', ask to speak with an examiner for clarification.
    If they say the forms are 'pending' or in 'FBI background check hold', you'll just have to wait.
    If they say there is no record of those Form 4s, drive over to the dealer and demand an explanation (or a refund).

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot

I suspect foul play with the seller, they will not return my phone calls and they are 2 hours away.

And of course I have paid for the gun with integral can, plus two other cans - over 2K, not including the stamps.

That’s nucking futs.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    You're welcome. If you don't already have it, the phone number is : (304) 616-4500. I have them on speed dial. ;)

The folks who answer the phone are not involved in the approval process, so there's no point in venting.

If they say that forms are in 'error status', ask to speak with an examiner for clarification.
    If they say the forms are 'pending' or in 'FBI background check hold', you'll just have to wait.
    If they say there is no record of those Form 4s, drive over to the dealer and demand an explanation (or a refund).

Thanks again, that is very helpful!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

I suspect the seller has ripped you off. You should have gotten a notification that your tax check was cashed. Clock starts at that point.
    Did you file and submit your paperwork yourself, or did the gun store do it?

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I suspect the seller has ripped you off. You should have gotten a notification that your tax check was cashed. Clock starts at that point.
    Did you file and submit your paperwork yourself, or did the gun store do it?

I did it myself.

I used these folks for my previous other 2 cans, so I had no reason to distrust them. They do not have a retail store. They just operate at gun shows to my knowledge. I suspect Covid bit them in the ass.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I had to put that investigation on hold. I’ve been dealing with some other fires; mainly a major health insurance flustercuck, which is taking all of my time during business hours. Hope to resolve that Monday and pick back up on the Silencer paper work Tuesday.

Thanks for checking in.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Not trying to pile on here but 2.5 years???

I got notice that the ATF cashed my check early July, suppressor was in my hands by December. I used A&P armory and a silencer shop kiosk. Already had a trust set up.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom