• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I’d like to setup a trust. I’ve been reading up on the different options AND doing my best to understand them. Currently I’m leaning towards using a Silencer Shop Single Shot Unlimited. I do not have any NFA items yet but will be completing a SBR once I get my lower from CMMG.

Who here has used the Silencer Shop kiosk? Did you use it only for suppressors or for SBR? Is there any info you can share that could be useful? Anything you wish you knew ahead of time?

Thanks!
    Gun Zone Deals

Tactical Panda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    DFW
    I bought my suppressor through Silencershop. Individual only, didn’t go for a trust. Nothing to recommend really, process was pretty painless, just pick a class 3 FFL that you want to do the transfer. It doesn’t have to be the same FFL as has the kiosk.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I have several cans I purchased under the unlimited trust. Being each can has it’s own trust it helps me to determine who the beneficiary is for each can. Since they stopped with the form1 assistance I can’t use it for SBR’s unless I happen to catch one of their windows. It is only good for items purchased through Silencer Shop, although I was able to use it on the promotion cans I got since the required cans for the promo were purchased through them and they were transferred via a kiosk dealer.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I have several cans I purchased under the unlimited trust. Being each can has it’s own trust it helps me to determine who the beneficiary is for each can. Since they stopped with the form1 assistance I can’t use it for SBR’s unless I happen to catch one of their windows. It is only good for items purchased through Silencer Shop, although I was able to use it on the promotion cans I got since the required cans for the promo were purchased through them and they were transferred via a kiosk dealer.

That’s good to know. Guess I need to go another route.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I have 4 cans on my silencer shop trust. 3 purchased from silencer shop and 1 from another LGS. Silencer shop just sets up the trust but all your NFA stuff does not need to come from them. First purchase was online. Purchased the can and trust. Had to pick a participating LGS that had the kiosk. Went there for the picture and digital finger prints and that was it. They Emailed the forms for the trust, I filled them out using the step by step instructions and sent them back. Any questions was an email to them and it was answered within just a few hours. The only real work I had to do was get the forms notarized. That was it easy peasy. The one LGS I went to that did not do Silence Shop had me submit everything the manual way. Lots of paperwork. Had to send forms to the sheriff, then another set to the ATF, also go get finger prints. Kinda of a drawn out process. The silencer shop has everything on file so there are no more paperwork to do after the first can. The only thing is that once a year you have to update your photo. If you are buying an NFA item they will let you know if your pic is expired. All you need to do in that case is take a pic using your cell phone and send it to them using their ap.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    If you are planning to add Form 1 NFA items to the trust as well, you will want to go with the Traditional NFA Trust. Since the Single Shot Trust is generated by our system when we process your Forms, we can't add any Form 1 items to them at the moment - only Form 4 silencers that are purchased from a manufacturer.

I hope I worded that in a way that makes sense. If not, shoot me an email at marketing@silencershop.com or call our team at 512-931-4556.

I appreciate the reply.

PewPewGreene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2022
    Houston
    Is there a difference between the expensive trusts and the cheaper ones? I heard a guy paying $300 for a trust so why is one so much and the others like silencer shop are alot cheaper?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Is there a difference between the expensive trusts and the cheaper ones? I heard a guy paying $300 for a trust so why is one so much and the others like silencer shop are alot cheaper?
    Fast nickles, slow dimes in many cases, or simple supplely & demand. Another way to look at it is to replace trust with will in your question.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Speculation in my part, but I’m guessing that the cheaper ones are a one and done thing, where silencer shop put together this one type of trust that is sold over and over. In my particular situation, it’s just wife and me, no kids. I just wanted something simple and legal.

Rapt'r223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2020
    Waxahachie, Tx
    Hmm I've been wanting to enter the NFA club. With what I'm reading here, I'm just about ready to make the move. Since I'd want a can and SBR, I'm thinking the silencer shop standard trust is the way to go!

x12aesq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2009
    On US 77 kind of north of I-10
    IAAL; IANYL*

I can't speak to the price difference. I can to the quality difference. If you create and use a trust to possess NFA items, clearly the trust has to be both valid and correct for your purpose. If either of those is not true, your trust can't/doesn't possess the item, you do, and most likely illegally (because it was supposed to be your trust, not you, in possession).

The time you find out if your trust is valid and correct is when some LEO claims it isn't.

I don't know enough about trusts to do my own, nor do I know enough about tax law. In both cases, I pay someone who's supposed to know about that stuff to do mine for me. If nothing else, having a letter from some other lawyer saying this is all correct provides a thin veneer of a defense, should it come to that.

This, of course, is not legal advice; it's just some guy on the Internet who has an opinion.

* - I Am A Lawyer; I Am Not Your Lawyer

Top Bottom