Join TexasGunTalk

Singer threatens to cancel Thanksgiving half time show - LGBT issues

Discussion in 'Rants and Raves' started by kbaxter60, Nov 13, 2019.

1. kbaxter60

kbaxter60 Hill Country State of Mind

Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Personally, I am getting weary of these performers and their delusion that their opinions carry any real weight. I have never even heard of this gal. I think it's an opportunity to get a real talent in for the show. Buh bye!
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/ellie-goulding-threatens-to-cancel-nfl-show-over-gay-marriage
    And how did she even come up with the notion that the Salvation Army is "anti"?

Inspector43 likes this.
  2. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Call her bluff and fire her. But NFL/Goodell has no balls.

3. Wildcat Diva

Wildcat Diva TGT Addict

Aug 26, 2016
    I like the Salvation Army’s response.

308nato, Maverick44 and ZX9RCAM like this.
  4. kbaxter60

kbaxter60 Hill Country State of Mind

Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Me too. Simple and to the point.
    And gets to my question of how she figured they are "anti" in the first place.

Maverick44 likes this.
  5. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I don't even know who she is.

Let her pound sand...

6. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Ellie is wildly popular and award winning. Because you may not know her music does not diminish her popularity; although, I think this will do much harm to her popularity.

The SA won't donate to specific LGBT causes, just like they won't donate to the NRA, for instance. The radicals of the LGBT community believes that any group that won't give them special favor is "anti".

I have a female cousin whom I adore. She recently married her girlfriend. Her now wife has been out since High School, my cousin was married to two different men and had two kids. In 2016 she admitted her preference to the world.

Both of them HATE the LGBT activists. They don't want special treatment. They don't make a deal of their sexuality. They just want to live their lives in peace and not be hated on. My cousin's new spouse put it this way, "we just both happen to like l p u s & y".

Ellie is on the wrong side of this. It is a great opportunity for her to stand up for common sense. Instead, she caved to a vocal yet extremely small group of militant haters.

7. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Per the article:
    ...via or because of Instagram. There's a better link here.

As for the whole Salvation Army vs. LGB+ controversy, it's a bit more nuanced than either of the previous links convey.
    She's a very good singer. I don't really have a clue about her personal politics.

FireInTheWire likes this.
  8. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    How much did they appraise her for?

9. Bozz10mm

Bozz10mm TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    A 3 dollar bill.

EZ-E, TxStetson, jordanmills and 5 others like this.
  10. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Honestly, I couldn't care any less. I never heard of Ellie Goulding and I doubt she's the only available singer for the National Anthem. Seriously, she's not even an American.

Celebrities need to remember they are the modern day equivalent to the court jester. They are only there to perform whatever talent they may possess. Just because they are "popular" doesn't mean they are qualified to tell others how to think or act.

But since this is a Cowboy's game, nobody is going to be watching anyway! :clown: