• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    That's like saying there is one gun per person in America. It provides some understandable reference to a big number, but we all know that many (or most) people have no guns and others have more than one. Likewise, in the universe of Spotify subscribers, some don't listen to any of her songs while others may have her stuff on a playlist that they listen to daily while exercising. (I don't know if the Spotify data you reference is for the US or if it's worldwide. If the latter, her popularity and market power -- especially among the target demographic for football watchers -- might not be as great as you state.)

But, hey, if she wants to breach her contract, that's up to her.

On top of that, I don't think you can put it past record companies, artists and artist's management to artificially inflate those "listens". Fake accounts that are mere bots "listening" to a set playlist of songs for folks who would stand to gain from such activity cannot be out of the realm of possibility.

ETA-
    https://medium.com/bandbasher/playlist-plugging-companies-scam-savior-or-superfluous-a43ad36a763
    https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2017/12/05/spotify-fake-plays/

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Unless it's these guys, I honestly don't care...

giphy.gif

Attachments

• giphy.gif
      giphy.gif
      1.6 MB · Views: 250

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I agree with you but not as strongly. No matter what her personal politics are, once she gets called out on Instagram she's between a rock and a hard place. She'll lose fans and gigs if she doesn't act fully woke. The people she'll piss off if she acts fully woke aren't her target demographic.

Once called out and in danger of being cancelled herself, no matter her personal feelings, her livelihood and all the jobs of the many people who make a living off her talent and hard work are at risk. Even if she's not really feeling it, I could understand her giving in to the madness of the crowd. It could be purely a business decision. I don't know and I doubt there are 10 people in the world who do.

IOW, I don't accept that this incident gives us a definitive look at what's in her heart. Calling her a raging, self-entitled narcissist who presumes she's important is highly plausible but also unproved.

I don't agree at all. Not in the slightest. But then I was raised to believe in and live out integrity, unlike the liberals. Sometimes doing what is right bears a cost in this world. But at least you can look yourself in the mirror. And look your kids in the eye.

If she is being two faced, I respect her even less.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I had to look up who she is. I will probably be pooping during the time she performs. That's all she gets from me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My house is unconcerned since we haven't turned on a NFL game in the last five seasons...Life is good on Saturdays tho!!!!

I host a SB party most years.

Two discreet groups:
    Football watchers.
    Commercial watchers.

The two groups alternately reverse seating positions at the onset of each bank of commercials.

I don't give a flip about the game.

The two groups intermingle for the halftime show.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    That millions of Americans have not heard of her means just as much as that some millions have.

In both cases, it doesn't mean much.

My point exactly.

You are not "millions of Americans" Mr Ego.

She is extremely popular, being nominated for many awards and winning 8 or 9.

That fact that YOU never heard of her is meaningless to this conversation

Top Bottom