• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I've been watching too many westerns lately. It's the only genre of movie I seem to be watching as of late, and I went out and bought Red Dead Redemption after watching Unforgiven.

Gah, I'm drooling. Blondies own replica! I really want a SA or lever gun, I used to never give two shits about these, but now I feel as if my life is incomplete. The cartridge conversions look best to me, but I could live with a colt SAA clone too. Don't really care for black powder.

Man With No Name Conversion - Cimarron Firearms

NoNameConv.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I ordered a look alike Remington 1858 New Army .44 cap and ball revolver, added a cylinder that holds 5 each .45 Long Colt cartridges, later dremeled a channel on the L/H side and added a loading gate, later added a Colt style ejector. So have a .45LC Cowboy gun with 5 1/2 " barrel that is accurate, has a sweet trigger and that I have fired hundreds of times...But all that cost close to $600 so an Italian .45 Colt Single Action would have saved perhaps some money and a lot of hard work ! Like the Old Maid that kissed the cow, everybody to their own notion.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Don't really care for black powder.

Oh come on. You haven't lived until you've fired a few shots from a black powder revolver, then had to wait for the smoke to clear to tell whether or not you actually hit your target. But before you do, read up on how to prevent a 'chain fire'. Never had one, but from what I understand it's a highly over-rated experience.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I was in the same boat after going on a western binge a couple years ago. I bought a Cimarron Frontier 4 3/4" and it quelled the hunger beautifully. Simple, plain, SAA clone that shoots incredibly well for a great price.

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    But before you do, read up on how to prevent a 'chain fire'. Never had one, but from what I understand it's a highly over-rated experience.

And I would imagine expensive at best. Haven't had one yet myself, and hope never.

AGreenSmudge

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    DFW
    Oh man, I've been wanting these two for a couple of years now.

uberti%20schofield%20cavalry%20p1274-38%20(1).jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

I32809.jpg

If I didn't need a rifle I'd be getting the remington next.

The schofield's gonna have to wait a while.

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    Yeah I want a Remington repro and a Kentucky rifle one of these days.

Even the price of lead balls isn't as bad as I ordinarily would have thought, plus black powder isn't exactly high volume shooting if you want to be able to hit stuff.

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    i carry lever guns exclusively for my truck and go to gun. i carry a smith mod 19 357 or one of my single action pistols every day. i trust my lever guns over the simiautos because mine will always go bang , they may not hold 30 rounds but you can do hell of a lot with 10 rounds of 357 or 44 mag.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Oh man, I've been wanting these two for a couple of years now.

uberti%20schofield%20cavalry%20p1274-38%20(1).jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

I32809.jpg

If I didn't need a rifle I'd be getting the remington next.

The schofield's gonna have to wait a while.

Looks like we both have the same taste in wheel guns. Id love to own a schofeild and a case hardened single action like that

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

mcmillen67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Copperas Cove, TX
    I got bit by the bug, but I have been sticking with the cap and ball revolvers instead of going for the conversions. I'm shooting a Pietta Colt 1860 Army replica and a Pietta Colt 1851 Confederate Navy(sheriffs model). They are both in .44 The Navy is not a exact replica, they were originally .36, but the standardization of ammo works for me. I like the Navy because it has a short 5 /12" barrel, which is easier to bring up on target. Have to load a less hot charge, because the navy has a brass frame. Also has a short stroke loading rammer on it, so I have a aluminum "cheater pipe" to facilitate loading. Lots of other people use pvc. I shoot these up at the Ft. Hood range alot, try to get out once a week when possible. don't shoot black powder, I use Triple 7, still lots of bang and some smoke, but easier cleanup. Shooting these things old school really gives you a new respect for the guys that fought in the Civil War, and the old frontier.

Top Bottom