• ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Yahoo!

"And I don't see why we can't do what Europe is doing, what Canada is doing, what Korea is doing, what all these other places are doing."

"We are a wealthy enough country with the capacity to make sure that every one of our fellow citizens has access to quality health care," Powell. "(Let's show) the rest of the world what our democratic system is all about and how we take care of all of our citizens."
    Guns International

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Used to have a lot of respect for him when he was still in the military. Now I'm wondering if he actually knows anything about our history and culture.

No way I would ever vote for him for anything.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Do anyone think Barry & Co. put him up to saying this to gauge reaction or do you think he is just an ass?

Also...

I hate it when anyone says anything like, "Well it works in Europe, why not here?"

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    gah! What the hell happened to the guy?

President Bush happened to him.

Powell could have been president i believe at one point. Would have made a better first Black pres than what we have now thats for sure.

I think he got radicalized a bit by being marginalized in the Bush cabinet.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi

Powell could have been president i believe at one point. Would have made a better first Black pres than what we have now thats for sure.

I'll bet you the north east republicans probably agree with him more than we'd like to admit.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    He is simply a pro big government guy that would never show in his era of military service.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Used to have a lot of respect for him when he was still in the military. Now I'm wondering if he actually knows anything about our history and culture.

No way I would ever vote for him for anything.

Someone that served under Powell told me the man is a flaming racist.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Someone that served under Powell told me the man is a flaming racist.

Ive never heard that but there is a lot of Black on White hostility in the military. I think a lot use it as an institution where the wrongs of society can be made right.

I know we got lots of lectures in basic training from our Black southern drill sergeants about racism. Lots of lectures. We were a captive audience!

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Ive never heard that but there is a lot of Black on White hostility in the military. I think a lot use it as an institution where the wrongs of society can be made right.

I know we got lots of lectures in basic training from our Black southern drill sergeants about racism. Lots of lectures. We were a captive audience!

I had the same experience. I grew up in the country. My neighbor kids were black. I grew up playing with them almost everyday. I never experienced racism until I joined the Army. Then it hit me with full force. Black hatred towards whites.

In my experience it was bad. Really bad. I have a buddy (member of this forum also) who is an E-9 that is still experiencing big time black on white racism. He called me just the other day asking for my advice on how to handle it.

I told him to retire.

I don't consider myself a racist but I have become, through force and experience, more racially aware.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    In basic training i of course kept my mouth shut and took the lectures but i could see where it could mess up your career and your promotion boards if they are looking to promote members of one group (Asian, female or whatever) over another.

Its not a meritocracy anymore. Its social re-engineering. After the DS left the bay...did they think their lectures brought my platoon closer together? Of course not. It was meant to further separate and divide us.

In the lefts effort to make us all equal...they are trying to make some more equal than others.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station

He turned down the nomination 3 times saying the US wasnt ready for a black president, then backed Odumba$$ when he decided to run instead of running against him.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I had utmost respect for that rascal until he became Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Once in that office, he personally reviewed the promotion and command selection boards of field grade and higher officers of all the services.

He upset quite a few selection lists because they did not meet his idea of diversity. Those selection boards had to reconvene and re-vote with new selection criteria. Major Nidal Hasan comes to mind as a consequence of passing over the "best qualified" for "fully qualified."

The difference between "best qualified" and "fully qualified" is akin to the difference between a board-certified brain surgeon and a GP diploma issued by a medical school in Grenada.

Powell was promised life-time top tier medical care in return for his service to the Nation as a career Army professional. That system is specifically tailored for the active duty force, immediate families, and retirees. Powell knew that when he was commissioned.

Now he thinks every citizen is entitled to get what he earned with over 36 years of service to the Nation? And they get it with no risk of life or limb in service to the country?

Perhaps his mind is addled in old age.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    In the lefts effort to make us all equal...they are trying to make some more equal than others.

For starters, there is, was and will never be an effort by any form of beurocrat at equality. Equality scares the shit out of petty beurocrats, especially the government types. It's all a front for keeping the population divided. We dived based on race, sex, religion, occupation. If you look at the end result is lots of little clusters that don't overlap a lot. EASY TO CONTROL.

Powell is a political creature pure and simple. He didn't get where he is by being a man of principles, but rather by being on the winning side. He may not believe a word of what he says, but he knows it's the only way to keep in the limelight. He also got raped and made to look like a POS liar (WMD's in Iraq) by the Republican Party. Do we expect him to play battered wife and go back there?

Top Bottom