• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I'm looking for a new single point sling for my AK pistol and AR15. I'm right at 6' so it doesnt have to be super short but I dont want my AR dragging the ground either. I've looked at the Troy Industries Battlesling and like the padding I think but have no experience with anything past a Blackhawk single point.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.
    Military Camp

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    Larue tactical makes some nice ones. I don't own any but I know people who do and they love them.

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store. now Free

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Just about any single point will be fine. Avoid pieces of crap built like this: Amazon.com: Single Point Tactical Rifle Sling Black: Sports & Outdoors Much better to have a loop that goes around your torso with a "tail" coming off to attach to the rifle. The design like at that link flops around a lot worse.

Padding is a complete waste of material on a single point because they're not really meant for carrying a gun, they're only meant to free your hands up temporarily.

There's nothing wrong with the Blackhawk single point.

Last edited:

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    Padding is a complete waste of material on a single point because they're not really meant for carrying a gun, they're only meant to free your hands up temporarily.

Huge +1 to this. Started with the Troy because I thought the bulky padding would be nice -> tried a few other in the interim -> finally found the Specter Gear HST was the best choice for me in a single point sling. Truth it, I pretty much only use a 2-point these days.

Top Bottom