• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    I know that there are always going to be people who want to do a bunch of little posts just to get their post count up ...no real sense in it to me. But I would like to request that perhaps next to the title of a post or the author's screen name that you show the original post date, not just the last post date.

(I/E Site Suggestion...
    Gm.Chief 5-08-2009 02:15)

I signed in tonight and clicked new posts to see what's been posted since I was last on (which was less than 24 hrs.). There were at least 2 full pages of Introduction posts, 95% or more of which are from last year:banghead:. I only found out because I've been noticing this going on, so I automatically check to see when it was oringinally posted now. But after the 7th or 8th time in a row, I gave up trying to see if there was anyone actually new among those. I think with the OP date, it will save some of us the time of even opening an e-mail that we're not gonna reply to...it just doesn't make sense to say welcome to someone who's been on here longer than I have . The other thing that might work could also be to set introduction to expire/delete or lock after a few days to a week.

Or maybe it's just me...

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The issue was minor, and has been resolved.

It will work itself out in the next week, and it will be business as usual.

I do not want to lock old threads because it will prohibit people from updating info on informative threads, or revitalizing older, but none-the-less relevant, threads.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    The issue was minor, and has been resolved.

It will work itself out in the next week, and it will be business as usual.

I do not want to lock old threads because it will prohibit people from updating info on informative threads, or revitalizing older, but none-the-less relevant, threads.[/quote]

I agree, which is why I thought the date of post or just on intro posts. On other types of threads it makes sense to bring 'em back alive, just not on introdution posts 2 mo. after the fact. Either way, thanks for responding.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'll look into the per forum specifics, but to my knowledge it's a forum wide setting, so it would affect beyond the threads in question.

Top Bottom