• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I think Abbott is pandering to his base to win the primary since his Republican challengers are questioning his conservative cred. Unfortunately, this base is far less than a majority and it will hurt him in the general election because he is alienating a lot of voters. I fear there is a very real chance we may have a Democrat governor.
    If Abbott squeaks out a primary win, I would guarantee a Dem win. I have yet to meet any conservative voter excited to vote for him again.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

TJjerry

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2019
    Magnolia, tx
    Might remind folks that Beto won Hou, Dal, Ft Worth, SA, El Paso, Austin, Jefferson County and a few (26) scattered counties. It was 48% to 51% in the race against Ted Curz.
    So we have Beto well liked in Texas against a Celeb that conservatives don't care much for and a governor that want get off his ass and lock down the border (the hell with laws, they don't care, why should we). They always split our vote but we are apparently too stupid to find a dem, pay him to run to split their votes.
    What I know is that in close races with a Dems we are going to loose since they are so efficient at cheating. Name a close race that really counted where the Conservative/Republican won?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Might remind folks that Beto won Hou, Dal, Ft Worth, SA, El Paso, Austin, Jefferson County and a few (26) scattered counties. It was 48% to 51% in the race against Ted Curz.
    So we have Beto well liked in Texas against a Celeb that conservatives don't care much for and a governor that want get off his ass and lock down the border (the hell with laws, they don't care, why should we). They always split our vote but we are apparently too stupid to find a dem, pay him to run to split their votes.
    What I know is that in close races with a Dems we are going to loose since they are so efficient at cheating. Name a close race that really counted where the Conservative/Republican won?
    Would Mc run against Robert in the Dem primary? Or as an independent in the general?

TJjerry

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2019
    Magnolia, tx
    With Beto showing such a strong presence in Texas, Mc should run as a Rep and primary against Abbott. He would likely beat him. Then falter in the Beto race. That is what the Dems would be counting on. Might be what he is counting on.
    With Texas blue, never a Republican majority again in Washington. The Dems bragg about a 100 year democaratic party, but that is a joke, it would be several hundred years of Communist party at the rate things are changing.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Might remind folks that Beto won Hou, Dal, Ft Worth, SA, El Paso, Austin, Jefferson County and a few (26) scattered counties. It was 48% to 51% in the race against Ted Curz.…

Apple to walnuts in the most expensive Senate seat campaign in history and remember that Cruz was out-spent 2:1 and had 1 paid staffer for every 10 on the crazy train’s staff.

A quarter million votes is no mean feat when you get outside the major metro areas. See the map below. Cruz had visceral hatred against him and beat-off ran on an anti-Trump message.

I wouldn’t count veto’d beto out just yet, but he’s got a long way to go and it’s not known whether he’ll get much outside financing since he took a lit and not just gave nothing, but also refused to do so even when the national D party said he couldn’t win in the last few weeks of the 2018 race.

68984da965d35b09c2b634086ff640f7.jpg

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Apple to walnuts in the most expensive Senate seat campaign in history and remember that Cruz was out-spent 2:1 and had 1 paid staffer for every 10 on the crazy train’s staff.

A quarter million votes is no mean feat when you get outside the major metro areas. See the map below. Cruz had visceral hatred against him and beat-off ran on an anti-Trump message.

I wouldn’t count veto’d beto out just yet, but he’s got a long way to go and it’s not known whether he’ll get much outside financing since he took a lit and not just gave nothing, but also refused to do so even when the national D party said he couldn’t win in the last few weeks of the 2018 race.

68984da965d35b09c2b634086ff640f7.jpg
    That map is like a scan of the brain. Areas in blue aren’t getting enough oxygen.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

That’s not really fair. I think Abbott would get of his ass if he could. I get tired of sitting in even really comfortable chairs after a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJjerry

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2019
    Magnolia, tx
    Younggun, My comment for Abbott to get off his ass was in no way a swipe regarding his physical condition, I am not that chickenshit. Sorry if any of you took that way. I am married to a person of limited mobility. I don't think of it that way, because a person can have several hundred skills of which walking is only one. Can you play a musical instrument or sing? Some people can play several, sing, paint etc and they just can't walk. So who in that situation is really the handicapped person.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    If that’s the case let’s finally see some aggressive action. “Pandering to his base” is doing what his voters elected him to do. It’s time to send people home and eliminate gun laws.
    Only a small percentage of Republicans vote in the primary. He was elected to serve all Texans. 55% believe there was no election fraud, 87% believe some form of abortion should be permitted (when you include rape, incest, life of mother. etc.). So, yes he's pandering to those believe in election fraud and hard core pro-lifers, among others. And it will probably backfire on him.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Younggun, My comment for Abbott to get off his ass was in no way a swipe regarding his physical condition, I am not that chickenshit. Sorry if any of you took that way. I am married to a person of limited mobility. I don't think of it that way, because a person can have several hundred skills of which walking is only one. Can you play a musical instrument or sing? Some people can play several, sing, paint etc and they just can't walk. So who in that situation is really the handicapped person.

I didn’t think you meant it that way. I twisted it because it struck me as funny.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Only a small percentage of Republicans vote in the primary. He was elected to serve all Texans. 55% believe there was no election fraud, 87% believe some form of abortion should be permitted (when you include rape, incest, life of mother. etc.). So, yes he's pandering to those believe in election fraud and hard core pro-lifers, among others. And it will probably backfire on him.

I wouldn’t say “hardcore pro lifers” since the incidents you said most believe should be permitted are given exemptions in the so called “heartbeat bill”. Sounds like it fits pretty well with the 87%.

As far as election fraud, if nearly half the population has doubt in the integrity of the election, that is a huge problem. Enough to actually ruin a democratic process. You need the vast majority to have faith in a system like this if you want it to work. “Nothing to see here, move along” will not convince anyone.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Except there was fraud. What’s wrong with hardcore pro lifers? I agree as you mentioned some abortion should be allowed. Outside of those scenarios a person has the option of being a parent or a pos.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Media is just hoping they can get it in peoples minds now so it will sway voter turnout.
    Phuck the media, and the horse they rode in on.

If anyone is swayed to vote simple because a person happens to be a celebrity, without any regard for what they really stand for, or have any knowledge of, then they are idiots.

Like I have said before, I like him as an actor and enjoy many of his movies, but I ain't voting for him, because I have zero doubts of him being qualified for the job.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Phuck the media, and the horse they rode in on.

If anyone is swayed to vote simple because a person happens to be a celebrity, without any regard for what they really stand for, or have any knowledge of, then they are idiots.

Like I have said before, I like him as an actor and enjoy many of his movies, but I ain't voting for him, because I have zero doubts of him being qualified for the job.
    He is a good actor, but I also think a large percentage of people are idiots. Look how many people voted for beto when he ran for senate.

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    I have a crazy conspiracy theory that the Dems are in bed with the cartels. With the open borders the cartels can influence the votes in the border counties. The people I talk to a lot of them are conservative.

Just flinging poo without proof.

And on topic, I agree that having the two Dems run against each other will be disheartening for the Dems base.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Top Bottom