• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    I had a dark black experience with a Golani that involved repeatedly sending it back to Century until they replaced it with a new one which I promptly sold off to an FFL. I felt freedom getting rid of that piece of junk.

I have two SKSs and many AKs. All are fine weapons. The AKs' quality depends on who built it rather than the basic design.

SKS's and AK parts are drying up now so you should shop around and act quickly. Blaine at ATLANTIC FIREARMS (you can Google his web site) in Md. can give you a good honest answer on what you can expect to spend. Gunbroker has hundreds of ads but it is always best to lay your hands on something which can cost between 400 and 1000 dollars.

The FFL who bought my clunker Golani sold it for 950. Best to have someone with you experienced in the specific weapon and what to look for. In the case of the Golani I would reject anything connected in any way with CAI, Century Arms.
    Guns International

Darkwind

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Houston
    I have an '86 WASR-10, which is a fine weapon, with no front sight cant and a magwell that must have been machined on a wednsday, but my Saiga .223 is a bit sturdier. I think the reciever is a touch thicker, perhaps closer to an RPK than an AKM (sans the dimple)

1-1.gif

guns1-1.gif

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I have had a couple of AKs, still have a trusty old SKS whick I'll never part with, a Bushy M4A3, but my darlin' is a Golani which I have added one of MSA's AR magazine adapters and have ordered new wood for.

Holding, petting, and shooting that rifle makes me wish I could take it and join the IDF but old age and wrong nationality zaps that, oh well........

Top Bottom