• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I have become a member of the SKS owners club this morning. Did a bit of trading and came home with this Yugo SKS. It's a numbers matching rifle in pretty good shape. Has less scars than I do and is older.

I couldn't find any threads on here dedicated to SKS's and I myself am pretty unknowledgeable on the topic, other than the countries they were made in. Looking for some owners/former owners of SKS pattern rifles and would like to hear some opinions of them and maybe some fun facts and trivia!?

I don't care if you think AK pattern rifles are superior. I have owned 4 and still have 2. This is about SKS's please.

DK Firearms

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Picked up a Norinco a few years ago. Don't shoot it much but no way I'd trade it either. Good the way they are, no need to bubba it up.

Just keep a good pile of ammo and know it's there if needed, same as the Mosin.

Sent from my HAL 9000

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Nice clean Yugo you have there.......

I have 4 but no Yugo, yet...........

2 Commercial Norinco (one paratrooper), a Russian and a Chinese arsenal 26 made SKS

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Picked up a Norinco a few years ago. Don't shoot it much but no way I'd trade it either. Good the way they are, no need to bubba it up.

Just keep a good pile of ammo and know it's there if needed, same as the Mosin.

Sent from my HAL 9000
    I have shot a few bubba'd up sks's. I always liked them, but it's just not the same. This will stay the way it is. Good thing is I already have a couple cases of ammo for it!

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Nice clean Yugo you have there.......

I have 4 but no Yugo, yet...........

2 Commercial Norinco (one paratrooper), a Russian and a Chinese arsenal 26 made SKS

Thanks! I looked at the prices people are asking for yugos on GB. No wonder why you don't have one lol.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    A Yugo rifle just like yours did extremely well for me in NRA 200 yard position matches. It earned a 1st and 2nd place in service rifle class with iron sights from NRA positions with 2 mandatory reloads. Two of the stages were rapid fire. Don't let anyone tell you that those Yugo SKS rifles won't shoot!

Flash

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    I have one, a Norinco, but I am going to sell the one I have. I want the sks-m model so I can use the same mags as the ak. It is a far more comfortable gun to shoot than an ak, and to have the ability to put 30 rd mags in it sounds great to me.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    A Yugo rifle just like yours did extremely well for me in NRA 200 yard position matches. It earned a 1st and 2nd place in service rifle class with iron sights from NRA positions with 2 mandatory reloads. Two of the stages were rapid fire. Don't let anyone tell you that those Yugo SKS rifles won't shoot!

Flash
    Awesome! I actually like these iron sights. Reminds me of some pellet rifles I use to have as a kid.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I have one, a Norinco, but I am going to sell the one I have. I want the sks-m model so I can use the same mags as the ak. It is a far more comfortable gun to shoot than an ak, and to have the ability to put 30 rd mags in it sounds great to me.

Do you have an AK already? If you want the capacity I would just get one of those instead of another SKS.

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    Do you have an AK already? If you want the capacity I would just get one of those instead of another SKS.
    Yeah, I had one. I sold it to my father in law. It just wasn't comfortable to shoot. (always my luck, I bought at the height of the market, right after Obama got elected, and sold low, but it went to family so meh. no big deal) I much preferred the feel of the sks. But I liked the capacity so I am in the market for the 'M' model.

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    Nice yugo got one as well, Thought about suppressing it and reloading subsonic since you have the gas block for the grenade launcher.shoot it single or semi auto. Dont know how that would work but seems like it should

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Thanksgiving. 1994. Yadkin Road, Fayetteville, North Carolina.

After partaking in an epic meal with friends, we passed a pawn shop on the way home.

The shop had a sign: "Open Thanksgiving Day."

My father-in-law saw the sign and said he wanted to give the place a look-around.

The first thing we saw inside the shop were stacks of wood cases full of Chinese SKS's.

Must have been over one thousand. All were brand-new, still encased in cosmoline and wrapped in waxed paper tied up with twine.

Price was $79.99.

We bought one each -- should have bought more!

Mine remains unfired to this day.

Be well.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    AKs suck. Go start a thread about sucky AKs and talk about them :p

Sent from my HAL 9000

Well, that didn't take long..., but agree. I prefer the SKS over the AK. Have both and plan to sell them I prefer the AR over them.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    To me the SKS can't really be compared to the "A*" rifles. Just completely different egos. That said 7.62x39> 5.56x45

Top Bottom