• deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    You're gonna have fun with that one.

One my poor college buddies that worked with me borrowed mine to deer hunt with. He popped a couple deer with it.

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    This has a scout scope mount so it's optics ready if I want to go that way.
    Same mount I put on mine. I had found a Smith & Wesson handgun scope a while back and the eye relief is close enough. In my opinion, the rail attachment of the mount should let you "return to zero" when you pull the scope to clean the gas tube... at least within the consistency of the ammo. BTW, Scout Scope has longer rails... you might need to get one to have the eyepiece of the scope get out of the way of ejecting cases (unless you use a red dot or similar).
    At the rate I've been going, range report in 20-30 weeks. :D
    Got mine "on paper" at 25 yards about 2 weeks ago. The scope was mounted about a year before that. Probably another year to zero at 100. Can't rush these things... :laughing:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Because I desperately wanted something for my collection, I've paid three times what something was worth. I can understand how the desire for something rare can cause people to spend more money.

But am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? Or do I just not appreciate Norincos?

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Because I desperately wanted something for my collection, I've paid three times what something was worth. I can understand how the desire for something rare can cause people to spend more money.

But am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? Or do I just not appreciate Norincos?

It is ridiculous.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    You would think people would have learned from Gunbroker. Its crazy what stuff goes for on that site too. I stopped going there.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Dang, a jungle stock? I should've been paying more attention, I've been wanting one of those for a while!

Oh well, if for any reason you don't want it after you shoot it, let me know! I know it's a very slim chance, but just in case! :D

Otherwise, nice rifle! :loaded:

Cheers! M2

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Ok, ya'll got my curiosity up so I had to go see what I had. It shows on the side Made in China By Norinco. The stock has been changed to a folding one and the mag modified for detachable. The original stock and fixed mag are there to put it back original. Also have the original box. It's never been fired. Any ideas as to the value? It's not for sale but curious. Also have a ham can of ammo.
    DSC_0021 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0022 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0023 (Medium).JPG

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Well, with major thanks to majormadmax for the lead, I brought home a Norinco today in a fiberglass "jungle stock". This has a scout scope mount so it's optics ready if I want to go that way. Otherwise I'll put the original rear sight on. The seller threw in an extra magazine, a couple of extra spike bayonets and the wood furniture.

I am not sorry I went this route, it will be a great shooter.

I have some Czech BXN stripper clips coming from eBay. Now just need a case of ammo and I'm ready to roll.

I've wanted an SKS for maybe 20 years. Took me longer than I wanted and probably more money, but I have finally arrived in the Combloc club. :)

A big thank you to everyone who shared advice.

View attachment 134052

Ignore the mess. :)

View attachment 134053

Close up of the scout scope mount and ribbed handguard.

I'll try to snag some more detailed pictures tomorrow. Ran out of light this afternoon.

Looks like you got a good one.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I went to a gun show many years ago and there was dealer that had crates of Norincos and was selling them for $59 each. He also had some carbine models for $69. My friend was with me and bought one of the carbines for his son. When he got it home and fired it he found out why they were so cheap. It was not very accurate and every now and then it would fire 2 or 3 rounds with 1 trigger pull. It could be that he may have just got a bad one.

Top Bottom