• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 25-06 texan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Copperas Cove
    Anyone on the board into skydiving? I tried it for the first time a couple months ago. Jumped again a couple weeks ago. They were both tandem jumps. Already have another tandem, ground school and my first solo jump payed for. Now, to find the time to do it.... First jump was in El Paso, second was in San Marcos. Both were really cool, but I liked the San Mo one more. El Paso you could see Mexico, Texas, New Mexico, and back around to Mexico. Franklin Mountains were pretty, but a very barren landscape. San Mo had lush green scenery with lakes and rivers. Very pretty.

View attachment 267711 View attachment 267714 View attachment 267715
    That's awesome

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Jumped from Chinook and Huey helicopters, C-130, C-141, C-5A Galaxy, and many civilian aircraft. Loved jumping from the Chinook as you could just run right out the ramp. Wobbly riding in it though.
    Same here except for the C-5A. But I did jump from the old C-119 "Flying Boxcar" 10 or 12 times before they took them out of commission. Some other old timers too, like the CH 19, and CH 37 choppers, and U-1A Otter. I was in the TXARNG 71st Abn Bde way back when, and several other Airborne units after reorganization. Ha, it's been 36 years since my last jump.

All static line jumps. Never tried free fall.

dg47

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 7, 2022
    New Braunfels, tx
    Anyone on the board into skydiving? I tried it for the first time a couple months ago. Jumped again a couple weeks ago. They were both tandem jumps. Already have another tandem, ground school and my first solo jump payed for. Now, to find the time to do it.... First jump was in El Paso, second was in San Marcos. Both were really cool, but I liked the San Mo one more. El Paso you could see Mexico, Texas, New Mexico, and back around to Mexico. Franklin Mountains were pretty, but a very barren landscape. San Mo had lush green scenery with lakes and rivers. Very pretty.

View attachment 267711 View attachment 267714 View attachment 267715
    I used to work at spaceland as a TI and instructor and know the guy you did your tandem with, Kellen.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    I jumped C-130 Hercs in 1966-67 with 1st Special Forces Grp. After discharge jumped with bunch of guys at Weatherford Oklahoma for a couple years. Only jumped T-10’s with Army and round ParaCommanders as a civilian. Never got to jump a square. I spent more time as pilot than as jumper.

Top Bottom