• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Anyone on the board into skydiving? I tried it for the first time a couple months ago. Jumped again a couple weeks ago. They were both tandem jumps. Already have another tandem, ground school and my first solo jump payed for. Now, to find the time to do it.... First jump was in El Paso, second was in San Marcos. Both were really cool, but I liked the San Mo one more. El Paso you could see Mexico, Texas, New Mexico, and back around to Mexico. Franklin Mountains were pretty, but a very barren landscape. San Mo had lush green scenery with lakes and rivers. Very pretty.

Shawn Jump 4.png
    4.JPG
    9.JPG
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    What part of Falling is exercise? Other than raising your heart rate.
    Wasn't sure where to put it. Almost did Off Topic, was between that and this.

ETA....if the mods think there is a better spot, please move.
    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Until I can find a place where I can start without tandem (or accelerated free fall) jumps I will not go again. I started in '79 and continued in '93 - both times started with static line and graduated to free fall.

In '93 or '94, there were two fatalities on one tandem jump. The instructor was so intent on correcting the students spread eagle posture that they crashed into the ground. So if I am taking my life in my hand then it will be in my hands.

Powderhead

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2015
    B/CS
    I’ve done it. As a matter of fact I’m wearing my “Keep Calm and Skydive” T-shirt as we speak.
    I see nothing wrong with jumping out of a perfectly good airplane at 13,500 feet :green:

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    If I was the OP's age or so, I'd try it...not now...I'd forget something...like taking a leak...or two before jumping...or I'd pull the chute release instead of the ripcord. I've just come to the age where I don't try many new things...but they sure look like fun!

More pics/videos would be good...when you have a chance...the mug? Nah, we've seen that.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I've jumped static and freefall out of airplanes and helicopters a few times, and would like to do so again one of these days; but not tandem.

Maybe for my 60th birthday?

I actually own a modified T-10 parachute rig but it's not certified and probably will never be again. I also have a Canadian reserve chute (can't remember the nomenclature on it) that's also for display only now.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom