• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Saw this the other day on SlickGuns.com, and downloaded it to my Android phone once I got home...

SlickGuns.com Bar Code Scanner Application

phone-scan.jpg

Took it to the gun show yesterday and it was a lot of fun, it's nice to know what a firearm or ammo are selling for on that website before shelling out considerably more for the same item at the show. And, for vendors that will negotiate, it's helpful in find a price that both the buyer and seller find acceptable.

Now, just to note I understand businesses have to make money and I don't have any problems with that. Actually, I prefer to spend my money at a local gun shop than I do online companies as it is mutually beneficial to do so. However, there is still a lot of price gouging going on especially at gun shows here and I prefer to be armed with as much information that I can get. When .22 ammo is still being sold at 2-3x the price I can get it at elsewhere, I have no problem with going with the cheaper source. However, shops that are not too much more expensive than the online price will get my business every time as well as my recommendation to others as it is mutually beneficial for all involved.

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I'm not sure if there is one for the iPhone or anything outside of Androids, to be honest. It works well on my HTC, I actually scanned a couple of gun cases I had to see what would pop up, and it worked as advertised. Then I took it to the show on Saturday and saved myself from losing a couple of hundred on what would have been an impulse buy. Obviously it requires the UPC code off the box/case, but many major vendors put them out with the firearms so it's easy to get a scan.

By the way, it is a little buggy in that it has to restart itself a lot; but considering that's the only issue I've found, and that it works great otherwise, plus the fact that it is free, it's well worth the trouble!

erratadata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    I'm not sure if there is one for the iPhone or anything outside of Androids, to be honest. It works well on my HTC, I actually scanned a couple of gun cases I had to see what would pop up, and it worked as advertised. Then I took it to the show on Saturday and saved myself from losing a couple of hundred on what would have been an impulse buy. Obviously it requires the UPC code off the box/case, but many major vendors put them out with the firearms so it's easy to get a scan.

By the way, it is a little buggy in that it has to restart itself a lot; but considering that's the only issue I've found, and that it works great otherwise, plus the fact that it is free, it's well worth the trouble!

Got a pushed update yesterday that seems to have cleared up the restart issue.

Top Bottom