Venture Surplus ad

Slide-Fire/Bump-Fire/Whatever-Fire Rifles.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kosh75287

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nemo
    I've never shot a rifle with one of these stocks on it, so this is a request for information, not a debate. It appears that a fairly high cyclic rate can be obtained with rifles so equipped, but does accuracy suffer? It was my impression that true full auto fire is most accurate when the shooter has good (or good enough) cheek to stock alignment and contact. It appears that this is missing from Slide/Bump stock equipped rifles, which seem to piston back and forth with each shot.

I'm aware of the damage recently inflicted by the villain in Las Vegas, but I'm wondering if this was typical performance.
    Capitol Armory ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Select fire is pretty innacurate in most cases because the firearm is constantly under recoil and is typically difficult to control.

Slide/bump fire is inaccurate because the rifle is moving even more so than usual, and the cyclic rate tends to vary. You must control the firearm while still keeping the proper amount of forward pressure on the firearm to produce the desired result.

Cheek weld is probably the least of the accuracy issues. Although it is there as in any other rifle.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    In the LV incident, he could have just been quickly squeezing the rounds off and killed as many.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    We don’t have a round count as far as I know but it must be a very large number. Say those are 30 round mags and each one takes about 10 seconds to go thru (per i witness reports). Extrapolated over minutes with long reload times and the round to hit count is staggeringly low 50 hits in 500 rounds, 1000 rounds?

Beltfed works when it has a solid mount. A bumpfire stock must be held offhand so it is inherently inaccurate. Oh sure you can hit something the size of several football fields at 500 yards but nothing of any moderate size. It’s a range toy.

The big takeaway here is not to trap large groups of people behind chainlink fences where they can be shot, gassed or blown up. They were in a killing field shoulder to shoulder with no way to escape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It’s a range toy.
    Right.

I really like mine whenever I feel the need to burn a bunch of 9mm ammo out of my little carbine. As for accuracy, I can keep a 33 round mag (mine takes Glock mags) in a 10-inch circle at 10 yards. I can't do much better than that and I've run a few thousand rounds through mine.

Then again, I don't have much talent with long guns, so there's that.

If I can take it to the range in the next couple of weeks, I'll try to post a photo of the results.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have never used a slide fire stock either.

Does bipod use have any effect on their performance? (Not trying to feed any conspiracies, serious question)

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    A slide fire stock is simply a solid stock that extends from the butt pad to the pistol grip and has a guard that partially covers the trigger. When you slide the gun forward with the support hand on the forearm the guard that normally covers the trigger move back (or rather the gun, trigger and everything but the assembly composed of the pistol grip and buttstock move foreword) and the trigger finger bumps the trigger and allows the gun to fire. Then the gun recoils it causes the gun to move backward into the stock past the guard and resetting the trigger and you pull the gun forward again to bump the trigger.

As you can see if you don’t pull with the left hand in just the right way the gun won’t run right. A bipod would prohibit this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    And I have not checked because I have one already but I bet they are all sold out in a few days.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Plus the 60/100 round mags.

Not seeing that without going after 30 rounders as well. There is no way Bloomberg will settle for allowing what he has labeled High capacity all these years to become a "reasonable" amount for any feeding device.

If anything, and I don't see much being done in the wake of this. Possibly a reclassification of the slide fire type stocks and simulated "full auto" trigger systems. Not a user of either, but still wouldn't call it a good thing if it came to pass .

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You don't know how much I WISH I was sure that this is true.

Fact, not wish.

That many people packed in such a small place. You can't miss. And you can squeeze the trigger pretty fast when you are aiming with minute of acre...

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Accuracy is relative in this case... all full-auto fire is going to be less accurate, I guarantee for the same number of shots one would be more accurate if you aimed each shot, rather than full-auto "spray and pray"... you can direct full-auto fire, but it's not intended to be accurate- it's intended for suppression (rainy days and automatic weapons always get me down), or for mowing down unarmed people mercilessly- depending on the intention of the wielder.

so out of different pseudo- auto fire options, a slide fire is less accurate than say a binary trigger, or a true select-fire weapon because of the use of recoil to force the next shot- you have to let the rifle move from recoil to trigger the next one. If you have less control over the rifle, it will be less accurate.

Top Bottom