• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougD

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    North Texas
    I haven't taken the time to read this entire thread. I am only responding to the OP. My words below are based on my personal observations, professional training, and my extensive experience as a firearms instructor responsible for training hundreds of police officers to effectively use rifles and carbines.

Slide fire stocks have absolutely no place on any firearm intended for personal defense or professional use. Period. They are neither controllable nor reliable. There is never...I repeat...NEVER...a valid reason to have one of these things on a firearm meant for serious use.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I haven't taken the time to read this entire thread. I am only responding to the OP. My words below are based on my personal observations, professional training, and my extensive experience as a firearms instructor responsible for training hundreds of police officers to effectively use rifles and carbines.

Slide fire stocks have absolutely no place on any firearm intended for personal defense or professional use. Period. They are neither controllable nor reliable. There is never...I repeat...NEVER...a valid reason to have one of these things on a firearm meant for serious use.
    Pretty good summary of the thread...

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco

Slide fire stocks have absolutely no place on any firearm intended for personal defense or professional use. Period.

Why because you say so? Is there some reason you can't pull the trigger and hit what your aiming at with slidefire stock? (I will grant you the point about professional /military use, obviously. But the police/military full auto M16s. I wonder why that is since full-auto is so pointless...)

They are neither controllable nor reliable.
    You are wrong. They work every time, and I can hit what I aim at just fine, same as my other fix stock ARs.

There is never...I repeat...NEVER...a valid reason to have one of these things on a firearm meant for serious use.

Again cause you say so? Because you come in here aweful proud about letting people know you are a "firearms instructor" "responsible for hundreds of police" blah blah blah. That doesn't mean squat, plenty of STUPID and DANGEROUS self-titled firearms "experts" and "instructors" out there who think they know everything. Youtube is full of idiot "experts". Plenty of STUPID cops too for that matter, and neither makes anything you say the gospel truth bud. (In fact a whole bunch of really stupid "experts" on everything are wrecking this country in case you hadn't noticed.) The fact you have to brag about being and instructor to try support your assertion instead of just explaining to everyone in plain english WHY what you say is true, shows you are an ass.

Why don't you skip the bragging and just explain why my carbine is going to fail me if I ever really have to use it "seriously." Is the stock gonna break off or something? Trigger gonna stop working? Am I gonna get scared and confused and forget how to use it cause it's too complicated?

Good lord we're still stuck on this?

Ok coupla things ^^^

Last edited:

Preston1026

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    Dallas
    I never got why they didn't sell them for $50 and make their $$$ in volume. It's plastic, yea I would get one for $50 mainly to have fun with cheap steel cased ammo but they lost me and many other people at their current price.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    How about just for fun?

That's best reason, and it delivers in spades.

By now I thought the Chinese would have started flooding the market with $50 copies and every ghetto gangsta would get his hands on one do something with it to get on the news and you know the rest.

About the only downside (besides price and looks) is that it feels kinda wobbly compared to a fixed stock. (Obviously.) But that can be fixed to a large extent by filing off some meat off the back of the plastic block that it slides on so that the stock will lock fully forward without any extra play. Go slow and check it so that just enough gets filed off so that the locking pin has just enough clearance to lock up firmly but without any extra play. That makes it feel much better.

Maybe it's not quite as tough as a fixed stock (though it's made of the same stuff), but I'm not taking it to war, and I don't need it to survive being run over by a truck or dropped out of helicopter, or survive regular daily abuse. It works just like a normal stock most of the time but with the extra option to have some F/A fun. I don't see a real downside. The only thing I could see going really wrong is if you are throwing it around and dropping it a lot, (like for run and gun competitions or something) you could break the locking pin/assembly and the stock would slide/drop off. They make an aluminum version that would probably stand up to more abuse, or better yet you could just stick with a fixed stock for competition shooting. (no brainier)

I would not hesitate to grab my sidefire SBR and use it in a personal/home defense scenario. And it sure beats spending tens of thousands of dollars on a registered full auto, for basically the same amount of fun, if that is something that you're into. For most people a real M16 will never be an option in the first place, and this gets you 90% of the way there, so if you're thinking about it, just GET ONE, and stop worrying about "serious use" blah blah blah. You'll love it, and that's all that really matters.

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I never got why they didn't sell them for $50 and make their $$$ in volume. It's plastic, yea I would get one for $50 mainly to have fun with cheap steel cased ammo but they lost me and many other people at their current price.

Me also. I am sure Chinese could flood the market with a knock off for about that price. It's not like SlideFire has a corner on the market, others make a version also.

jdhatch185

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    LAREDO
    There seems to be only a few people that know what they are talking about here. As a few individuals have pointed out tactics and reliability are a few important parts of a SHTF situation. There is quite a bit of engineering that goes into building a reliable select fire gun, and to build a stock that allows your gun to function not as it was build too is far from reliable. In regards to the comment made about select fire weapons being inaccurate, this is very subjective and probably not a very accurate comment. There are many factors to consider regarding select fire accuracy, the weapon being used "caliber, smg, lmg, or belt fed", the shooters training, and proficiency with the weapon, and ammo. These are just a few points that need to be considered when comparing accuracy. All in all in my opinion I would not install anything that forces your gun to perform a task it was not built nor designed to do.

Last edited:

DougD

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    North Texas
    macshooter said:
    DougD said:
    They are neither controllable nor reliable.
    You are wrong. They work every time, and I can hit what I aim at just fine, same as my other fix stock ARs.
    macshooter said:
    Again cause you say so? Because you come in here aweful proud about letting people know you are a "firearms instructor" "responsible for hundreds of police" blah blah blah. That doesn't mean squat, plenty of STUPID and DANGEROUS self-titled firearms "experts" and "instructors" out there who think they know everything. Youtube is full of idiot "experts". Plenty of STUPID cops too for that matter, and neither makes anything you say the gospel truth bud. (In fact a whole bunch of really stupid "experts" on everything are wrecking this country in case you hadn't noticed.) The fact you have to brag about being and instructor to try support your assertion instead of just explaining to everyone in plain english WHY what you say is true, shows you are an ass.

Why don't you skip the bragging and just explain why my carbine is going to fail me if I ever really have to use it "seriously." Is the stock gonna break off or something? Trigger gonna stop working? Am I gonna get scared and confused and forget how to use it cause it's too complicated?

This is the Internet where anyone can claim to be anything. Internet gun forums are a great place for uninformed people with high post counts to couple veiled ad hominems with anger-infused claims that amateurish toys designed to quickly waste ammo are perfectly suitable for life-and-death situations (i.e. "SHTF situations"). The OP did not ask about using them for "fun" or entertainment.

I am not one of the "stupid and dangerous self-titled firearms 'experts' and 'instructors' out there who think they know everything." However, I am a professional who has personally seen other people (including other well-trained professionals) play with these toys. I know first hand how inaccurate, inefficient, and unreliable they are. I stand by my statement that these devices are neither controllable nor reliable. They have no place on any firearm intended for serious use (e.g. personal defense and/or life saving).

Several of your statements indicate that you may have some significant emotional issues at play. My post was not intended to elicit an emotional response from anyone. My comments about slide fire stocks were emotionally neutral and based strictly on my professional background and personal observations. That I neither share nor approve of your opinion on slide fire stocks does not make me your enemy. Neither does it hint that I might be one of the people "wrecking this country." I'll be happy to share my professional shooting and firearms curriculum vitae if it will help defuse some of your anger.

macshooter said:
    I would not hesitate to grab my sidefire SBR and use it in a personal/home defense scenario.
    That is an unfortunate and incredibly ill-advised position. I am unaware of any professional firearms instructor who shares it.

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    Someone on arfcom built their own version using a magpul stock. It looked a helluva lot better than the ugly slidefire stock.

DU671

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Let me begin by saying I DO NOT own a slide fire stock. However unless you have ammo stores that number in the thousands I would probably shy away from them. Just an opinion.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    This is the Internet where anyone can claim to be anything. Internet gun forums are a great place for uninformed people with high post counts to couple veiled ad hominems (Hey Socrates, I asked you what the problem was with the stock, and you still haven't answered that.) with anger-in,fused claims that amateurish toys designed to quickly waste ammo are perfectly suitable for life-and-death situations <--- I think we have the heart of your argument right here: These are amateurish toys in your opinion, and *REAL* professionals (like you) don't like them or use them. (...)

I am not one of the "stupid and dangerous self-titled firearms 'experts' and 'instructors' out there who think they know everything." However, I am a professional who has personally seen other people (including other well-trained professionals) play with these toys. I know first hand how inaccurate, inefficient, and unreliable they are. I stand by my statement that these devices are neither controllable nor reliable. (hate to say it bud, but you may not be using it right if you are having that much trouble with it) They have no place on any firearm intended for serious use (e.g. personal defense and/or life saving). (You keep repeating yourself, but you still have not explained why)

Several of your statements indicate that you may have some significant emotional issues at play. My post was not intended to elicit an emotional response from anyone. My comments about slide fire stocks were emotionally neutral and based strictly on my professional background and personal observations. That I neither share nor approve of your opinion on slide fire stocks does not make me your enemy. Neither does it hint that I might be one of the people "wrecking this country." I'll be happy to share my professional shooting and firearms curriculum vitae if it will help defuse some of your anger.

That is an unfortunate and incredibly ill-advised position.
    (Why? Is it really dangerous or something? If so how?) I am unaware of any professional firearms instructor who shares it. (So what? Maybe there are a lot of things you are not aware of. But you still have not explained why what you say is true. Is that so hard? Or maybe there is no reason, other than you just don't like them. Sounds like that's the heart of the matter right there.)

Hey bud, I can see you are proud of using greek words like "ad hominem" and "curriculum vitae" (most people abbreviate it to CV btw;)), but using greek terms doesn't make you any smarter or help your argument. I appreciate your effort to psychoanalyze me, and you are very perceptive, (folks like you do kinda to piss me off) but you still have not explained why the stock will fail. Maybe you could stick to that and skip the psychology.

Now you are offering me your CV? LOL Are you applying for a job or something? Look man, I don't really give a crap what you think. You're free to feel any way you want about slidefire. But just don't expect you're just going to come in here and have the last word by saying "I'm a firearms police instructor, so what I say is gold" without someone else who actually owns one chiming in. Over and out.

Top Bottom