• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    One thing we fail to recognize that during a SHTF situation, protecting our homes, families, and property the 'ENEMY" may well be governmental, in which case they will posess better weapons, armored vehicles, and possibly grenades as well as possible air support. And they will keep coming until the defenders are killed ! Civilian thugs may possibly be lessor armed
    and be killed and/or kept at bay. A perfect sight picture. hold the breath and squeeze off a round works well for the well trained marksman. But F/A is not to be laughed at, can scatter bad guys.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    If they're using armor and air support a wanna be FA won't help you....

sent from the bathroom

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    We're going ahead with a pre-order-Our distributor said Dealer cost should be around $350......so retail around $400... a little pricey, but if they work as advertised.......

3 Position selector switch may catch some folks off guard ...

taccon3mrtrigger.jpg

So is the trigger reset constant (I.e. do you have to release the slight pressure off the trigger and reapply for each shot) or can you just hold the trigger down and let the action take care for you? Couldn't tell in the website video, but it looked like he kept slightly releasing the trigger each time, but maybe that was just he way the recoil made it look.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    V-Tach's review of the item was less than favorable unless something has changed....

There's lots of unfavorable reviews on that gimmick. At best it was as good as a Geissele or Timney trigger, at 166-200% the price. At worst it turned your gun into a jammomatic with hammer down on a live round, no ignition, weapon out of action until you work the handle again.

Here's the best review:

While we're on the topic of bumpfire gimmicks, a word of warning:

SlideFire owners, DO NOT put a spring in your SlideFire stock like the knuckleheaded suggestion/felony-confession posted up above. That turns it into an Akins Accelerator style MachineGun conversion kit and is NFA regulated and ATF will treat you no differently than if you bought a M16 FCG, drilled a sear pin hole and installed the parts. Manufacturing a MG conversion kit is the same as manufacturing a MG receiver in the eyes of the feds.

Last edited:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    There's lots of unfavorable reviews on that gimmick. At best it was as good as a Geissele or Timney trigger, at 166-200% the price. At worst it turned your gun into a jammomatic with hammer down on a live round, no ignition, weapon out of action until you work the handle again.

Here's the best review:
    Tac Con vs Geissele vs M16 Take Two: Less Talk, More Trigger - YouTube

While we're on the topic of bumpfire gimmicks, a word of warning:

SlideFire owners, DO NOT put a spring in your SlideFire stock like the knuckleheaded suggestion/felony-confession posted up above. That turns it into an Akins Accelerator style MachineGun conversion kit and is NFA regulated and ATF will treat you no differently than if you bought a M16 FCG, drilled a sear pin hole and installed the parts. Manufacturing a MG conversion kit is the same as manufacturing a MG receiver in the eyes of the feds.
    Altering the firing mech on any weapon outside its design parameters is due caution. The results can be less than favorable.

My father was testing a gun for a fellow operative. The gun had been altered to fire FA. It blew 9 rds out the muzzle in a split sec. The gun was clearly unsafe and not useable in the company.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    I'm considering picking up a couple of slide fire stocks, one for an AK, the other for an AR in case I need to increase my volume of fire during a SHTF situation. I'd like to hear people's opinions of them, especially from TGT members who own or have fired them. I've watched several videos and they seem to quite controllable, at least in the AR and look like they'd make a great MDU (MOB DISPERSAL UNIT), especially with a Beta mag. Your thoughts, Gentlemen?

I'm sure the guys you are spraying (read: wasting) ammo at will appreciate the parts they'll take off of your AR after your gas tube melts.

Hey bud, I can see you are proud of using greek words like "ad hominem" and "curriculum vitae" (most people abbreviate it to CV btw
    wink.png
    ), but using greek terms doesn't make you any smarter or help your argument. I appreciate your effort to psychoanalyze me, and you are very perceptive, (folks like you do kinda to piss me off) but you still have not explained why the stock will fail. Maybe you could stick to that and skip the psychology.

Now you are offering me your CV? LOL Are you applying for a job or something? Look man, I don't really give a crap what you think. You're free to feel any way you want about slidefire. But just don't expect you're just going to come in here and have the last word by saying "I'm a firearms police instructor, so what I say is gold" without someone else who actually owns one chiming in. Over and out.

your-tears-are-delicious-cry-12926884195.jpg

Last edited:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Also MK19 is full auto. Slow rate of fire, but still auto.

Mark 19 is full auto too. Even slower rate of fire, pretty effective against body armor, more fun to shoot, and has even less to do with a slide fire stock.

But still a blast to shoot.

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    I'm sure the guys you are spraying (read: wasting) ammo at will appreciate the parts they'll take off of your AR after your gas tube melts.

I'm still wondering why this would happen??? I mean really... that makes about as much sense as say my buffer running out of buffering...

Top Bottom