Slide In Truck Camper, Good Investment?

HEJL STORM

Mar 17, 2014
College Station, TX
Hey again guys, I'm looking into buying a Bigfoot or like camper for the back of my truck. As far as I know they do not require a state plate. I drive a 97 Dodge 1500 5.9 4 speed 2wd.

bones_708

Well-Known
BANNED!!!
Jul 24, 2013
In Texas slide in's don't require registration or titles. As to being worth it? Honestly not for most people. It really depends on how much you use it doesn't it?

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 24, 2012
Hill County
Depends. Is going to on your truck full time while you are traveling the country? Is it going to be a "weekender" and stored on your property when not in use? Most of the RV parks I've either stayed at or lived in will not them sit there without being on your vehicle. IF I were to spend that kind of cash, I'd just buy a towable and eat the registration costs.

Dawico

Uncoiled
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2009
Lampasas, Texas
Math & motels is not my strong suit, but how many weeks/months/years would it take to make that pay???
It usually pays off immediately. RV payments are usually cheaper than room rental. If you keep it up long enough you get a free RV.

Vaquero

Dog faced pony soldier
Apr 4, 2011
Out West
Math & motels is not my strong suit, but how many weeks/months/years would it take to make that pay???
I was banking 3k a month, just on per diem, after meal and lodging were paid.
It can happen quick.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads