• ...and so much more!
  • Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Just haven't needed it we have been provided housing the entire time since I bought it. Why pay 500 or 600 dollars a month for some place I've not needed. If I get a different job I'll for sure consider it.
    Lynx Defense

HEJL STORM

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2014
    College Station, TX
    I will most likely use it as a weekend camper and a hunting shed. But that's only like a few months out of the year, the rest will be propped up at home. And the ones i'm finding on craigslist/eBay are all $2000+ So I don't believe now it would be a great buy.

HEJL STORM

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2014
    College Station, TX
    I think Id rather go back to traditional camping.
    canvas-number-16.jpg

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    One of my neighbors bought a used slide-in for his old Dodge pickup for a whopping $300. It isn't especially pretty but it's fully functional... even has a working A/C.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Hey again guys, I'm looking into buying a Bigfoot or like camper for the back of my truck. As far as I know they do not require a state plate. I drive a 97 Dodge 1500 5.9 4 speed 2wd.
    I am a slide in camper owner. Its a '09 Arctic Fox 1150 4 season rig. Wife and I along with 5 dogs travel and lived in it for nearly 4 mo while the ranch house was being worked on...

Ist is cramped, not hardly, very well organized, wife loves it, we would not trade this for a 45' motorcoach...BEEN THERE DONE THAT and the best move I made was getting rid of it and buying the camper.

What features do you want? Our has a walk-in bathroom with walk-in shower that a 6'2 200 lb guy can take a shower in...me. Full kitchen, Microwave, stove, oven, fridge, double sink, queen bed, 23 in TV, slide out wall, solar panels, Satellite TV reception, 60 lbs of propane storage, full electric, AC, ducted heat, 3kw generator and life is GOOD!

Or you can go bare bones with near nothing.

You can spend as few as a few thousand to as much as $60k I could sell mine for a major chunk of what I paid for it. I take care of it, its kept in the barn.

I pull into a place to stay, back truck into where I want it. Get out, push a button and 4 legs come down and left it out of the truck bed, drive out, push button and set it down, take about 5 min to park and about 20 min to load and drive off.

You have a 1500 series truck. WEIGHT is an issue, LOOK before you buy or you will wish you had, you can overload if not careful. Mine is carried in a F 350 dually with a 13,300 GVWR.

FEW 1500 series trucks can handle a camper and are drivable on the highway.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    That looks like a cargo trailer that was converted. Much more substantial looking than the toy haulers I've seen around here. I'm thinking I'd rather get a cargo trailer and convert it myself.
    It made by a company that makes cargo trailers and yes its well made and quite heavy.

Top Bottom