• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    What kind of sling do y'all prefer and why? I like the old military 2 point leather sling no frills all function. You can use it to stable your off hand shots, sling it across your chest if you need to, and allot of other uses. Whats yours?

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Depends on the rifle/use. For a carbine, I’ve recently become a fan of the single point slings as they allow shooting from either shoulder. For a precision rifle, I’ve been making/using “Ching” style slings for a few years now, as it allows a positive lockup from several different positions. If I’m just toting the rifle to and from the blind, give me a good old fashioned two point sling.

TexasRoadDawg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Stuck in n.y.
    I put a Viking Tactics two point padded sling on my Golani and it works great. I've used Blackhawk "Swift sling" three pointers on both the M4 and M16A2. They work ok, but the Vtac is just way better. The issued three point sling on the M4 is complete crap and I hate it like you wouldn't believe.

As far as hunting rifles go, I have a Super-Sling on my Kimber. It is the best basic rifle sling I have found, and you can buy it at Wal-Mart. Its durable, easy to adjust, and works great for shooting or carrying. I used to have a leather military sling but I didn't care for it much.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Depends on the rifle. If it's a hunting rifle or something I like a simple old-school 2-point sling, hopefully something wide and padded. My AK wears a tactical-style two point for transitions, but the sling is versatile enough to carry across the back like a more traditional sling.

I'm not a fan of single-points as you won't be carrying the rifle by the sling. If you need to hang it and move, you're going to bang your shins up like mad and probably wind up getting hit in the boys with your rifle. Not good. I've never had an issue with being able to switch shoulders with a two-point tactical sling.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    When I started match shooting, I wanted a very good leather sling. After shooting a while, I switched to the M1 Garand web sling and still stay with those slings years later. I'm a fair shooter but I understand that some very good shooters use the Garand web sling. I especially like the way I can adjust the web sling a slight amount. The leather sling only gives you adjustment between hole placements in the sling. If you don't like where it is set, you tighten or loosen a lot by going to the next set of holes.

Flash

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Old style 2 point rifle slings don't really serve any other purpose except for carrying or stationary long range shots when you have the time and cover in which to take them. For a fighting rifle, I would prefer either a good single point (the Magpul MS2 is a great example) or a good adjustable modern 2 point sling (Viking Tactics VTAC, Vickers VCAS). For shooting on the move or any other kind of dynamic situation on the two way range, old traditional style 2 points aren't really of any use. IMO, 3 points have been superseded by the modern 1 point and 2 point adjustable slings out there which provide pretty much all the pros with just about none of the cons and are less complicated.

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    What kind of sling do y'all prefer and why? I like the old military 2 point leather sling no frills all function. You can use it to stable your off hand shots, sling it across your chest if you need to, and allot of other uses. Whats yours?

that is exactly what I prefer on most of my rifles.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Tyler, TX
    On my ARs they have Magpul MS2 with the Magpul ASAP sling plate. It's a one point and two point sling system. It works really well during carbine drills and just running/gunning.

I highly recommend them.

Top Bottom